Any tip on how to get more jobs?

Hi,
I'm a video editor and I see everyday a lot of people like me who get a lot of jobs. 
I don't know what I miss. 

Thanks in advance,
Rolando

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rolando: plan for clients who don't read proposals. I hire many people and rarely read proposals.

Make sure you have a great portfolio and overview text.

But many clients DO want to read proposals.

Your proposals should always be about the client and her project. Do not talk about yourself in proposals.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
oranus

Hi, pardon me Mr Rolando but you didn't told us what "do" you have...

Do you have?
-Excellent Hardware?
-The necessary softwares?
-The skills?
-Communication tools?

Also:
-Do you read a lot of threads about how to write down a proposal?
-Or how to avoid scams?

@Rolando P wrote:

Hi,
I'm a video editor and I see everyday a lot of people like me who get a lot of jobs. 
I don't know what I miss

Thanks in advance,
Rolando

Yes! I think I do my job well, every time I was hired the people remained very happy, I was always punctual and qualitative.

I don't know how to avoid scams perfectly, but I usually exclude jobs with payment not verified or no hire history. 

Hello Rolando,

Please click on the following links to help you boost your chances of getting hired:

Boost your success on Upwork

Submitting a Proposal

Enhance your profile

Untitled

Thanks a lot. 
I tried to give emphasis and conviction in the proposals, but I I understood that.. clients don't read my proposal. 

I do not know, maybe they read just the first one. I have recently applied only to works with few proposals.

tlsanders

@Rolando P wrote:

Hi,

This is where your answer lies. When you see people like you getting jobs, study their profiles and figure out what they are offering that you are not.

Rolando: plan for clients who don't read proposals. I hire many people and rarely read proposals.

Make sure you have a great portfolio and overview text.

But many clients DO want to read proposals.

Your proposals should always be about the client and her project. Do not talk about yourself in proposals.

Thanks, Preston. I will use these tips for my benefit.