cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any update on when the forced specialized profile mandate will end?

This widget could not be displayed.
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
31 of 41

Darrien T wrote:

Q2 report says our service fees made up about 58% of revenues last quarter -- yet we have a 0% say in what features are rolled out.

Grocery stores typically derive 100% of their revenues from customer purchases. How often do you get to choose the products your grocery store orders, what hours they keep, or how the store is arranged?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
32 of 41

If the original poster is disturbed by being unable to modify portfolios without creating custom profiles... Then I 100% agree with him.

I have no interest in creating a custom portfolio. But I want to be able to edit my portfolio for the singular Upwork portfolio page that I have.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
33 of 41

Specialized profiles are cool (except we could use more than two). But forcing people who have no need of specialized profiles, because they do just one thing is stupid. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

It's an upworkism.

Every time, every fraking time they come with a good idea, they ruin it totally by adding something completely counterproductive and stupid. Every time.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
richardsmith94
Community Guru
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
34 of 41

Tiffany S wrote:

Darrien T wrote:

Q2 report says our service fees made up about 58% of revenues last quarter -- yet we have a 0% say in what features are rolled out.

Grocery stores typically derive 100% of their revenues from customer purchases. How often do you get to choose the products your grocery store orders, what hours they keep, or how the store is arranged?

Pretty much constantly. In store surveys, emails asking for feedback about my 'user experience', letters wanting my input by asking me to complete a questionnaire...The things you mention don't just occur by accident, the most successful companies understand the importance of listening to the needs and demands of its customers - and act upon it.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
35 of 41

Richard S wrote:

Tiffany S wrote:

Darrien T wrote:

Pretty much constantly. In store surveys, emails asking for feedback about my 'user experience', letters wanting my input by asking me to complete a questionnaire...The things you mention don't just occur by accident, the most successful companies understand the importance of listening to the needs and demands of its customers - and act upon it.

Whoever brings the money is the customer. FLs on UW are not the customers, we are the inventory. Where UW leadership falls short is not understanding as well as we do how to keep us fresh, how not to interfere with our packaging and presentation, how different segments of us contribute to (or undermine) UW's profitability and help support (or not) UW's brand integrity; and not listening to us enough about those things. 

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
36 of 41

Richard S wrote:

Tiffany S wrote:

Darrien T wrote:

As a later and better analogy pointed out: We're not the buyers. We're the product.

[edited to add: Phyllis beat me to it.]

richardsmith94
Community Guru
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
37 of 41

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Richard S wrote:

Tiffany S wrote:

Darrien T wrote:

As a later and better analogy pointed out: We're not the buyers. We're the product.

[edited to add: Phyllis beat me to it.]

Perhaps I shouldn't have used 'customers' in my reply to Tiffany, I was simply trying to point out that a business that dosn't listen to it's (oh gawd what word should I use...), is almost certainly not helping itself.

Oh, and to also let her know that she is living in a different world to the one that I know. 

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
38 of 41

Darrien T wrote:

The last time I looked at a quarterly report, "service fees" included Upwork's commission on our sales. If that's true, 58% is shockingly low.

39 of 41

Douglas Michael M wrote:

The last time I looked at a quarterly report, "service fees" included Upwork's commission on our sales. If that's true, 58% is shockingly low

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 3.59.03 PM.png

40 of 41

To be fair I really could have left that out, it is not entirely relevant. To me, it is just frustrating. I just want to have control over how I present MYSELF!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS