🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Any way to merge contracts with the same ...
Page options
pritomd
Community Member

Any way to merge contracts with the same client or re-open old contracts?

Is there any way we can re-open an old contract, or merge an existing contract with a past one?

My client closed a job and sent a new one in order to give me a "raise"; they didn't know how to change the rate in the existing old job.

I didn't think anything of it, but now I realize I basically have to start over to get Top Rated Plus (for a 'high value contract' or whatever). Any remedies here?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Pritom D wrote:

Is there any way we can re-open an old contract, or merge an existing contract with a past one?

No, that isn't possible.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Pritom:

Are you so certain that it matters?
What if there is no value to be had from a single high value contract? But the real value is calculated based on a hugh value client relationship?

Meaning that Upwork doesn't care if it's one contract, or 100 separate contracts. Because that is how fee reductions are calculated.

Are you sure you saw something that said Top Rated status involves a single-contract amount consideration?

Preston H wrote:

Meaning that Upwork doesn't care if it's one contract, or 100 separate contracts. Because that is how fee reductions are calculated.

Are you sure you saw something that said Top Rated status involves a single-contract amount consideration?

He isn't talking about the fee and yes, top-rated plus requires that the required amount comes from one single contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths