🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Anybody else's Time Tracker not working?
Page options
bundie702
Community Member

Anybody else's Time Tracker not working?

I sat down at my desk at midnight, prepared to do an all-nighter, downloaded and opened the file, and prepared to start the time tracker...and there was no drop-down box to choose the client and start logging time! 30 minutes later, after trying various methods to get it to work, I contacted customer service...only to be told that it has to be sent to support. Bottom line: I can't do any work for this client until they get this fixed. I do have other clients, fixed-rate plus non-Upwork clients, but this client has been waiting the longest and was next in line. Last week my time tracker was working fine. I'm SO upset over this...

Anybody else having this issue, or am I just the chosen one?

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bettye,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Rest assured, our team will assist you as soon as possible on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's already been more than 24 hours with no word from them. I'm just grateful this wasn't a rush job; it would have cost me a client and a hit to my JSS, which is currently sitting at 99%, for something that's not my fault.

Goran,

When I checked the status of this issue, it says "Resolved." But it's not. No one has contacted me. I'm still having the issue. Is this how they handle situations they can't resolve, just mark it "resolved" and hope the freelancer won't notice????

It's been THREE DAYS and I'm STILL waiting for a solution. Once again I tried starting my day by working on this hourly contract. I managed to choose the correct client and get the tracker started (using alternate means, since there's still no drop-down box), but then the tracker wouldn't stop. Per customer service, I had to clear the cache and restart. I shouldn't have to go through this every time I work for this client. This is more than "an inconvenience," I'm in danger of losing MY BEST-PAYING CLIENT. If Upwork isn't able to fix this, I'd like them to give me an assurance that any manual hours will be paid.

lysis10
Community Member

Bettye U wrote:

I sat down at my desk at midnight, prepared to do an all-nighter, downloaded and opened the file, and prepared to start the time tracker...and there was no drop-down box to choose the client and start logging time! 30 minutes later, after trying various methods to get it to work, I contacted customer service...only to be told that it has to be sent to support. Bottom line: I can't do any work for this client until they get this fixed. I do have other clients, fixed-rate plus non-Upwork clients, but this client has been waiting the longest and was next in line. Last week my time tracker was working fine. I'm SO upset over this...

Anybody else having this issue, or am I just the chosen one?

yeah it's bugged on my computer too. -_-

They've screwed up the contract selection list, but if you have Windows, right click the icon in the system tray and there is a menu to select a contract.

I would suggest having older installs available for times like this and reject updates.

Yes, I began my day by trying that. It worked...except when I went to
turn it off it WOULDN'T TURN OFF. It had added an additional 15 minutes
by the time I got hold of customer support. They had me clear the cache
and log back in. Once again the drop-down list isn't there. I don't want
to have to go through this every time I try to work on this client. And
when I checked the status of my issue, it says, "Resolved." Nice way of
dumping an issue they don't want to work with.
vieniav
Community Member

Just now I deleted 1 segment (10 minutes) in the Diary but it deleted an hour (60 minutes) of work. Is there a way I can restore it? Thanks

Edit: The version I've got it 5.4.1.10

-- Phat.

lysis10
Community Member

Phat D wrote:

Just now I deleted 1 segment (10 minutes) in the Diary but it deleted an hour (60 minutes) of work. Is there a way I can restore it? Thanks

Edit: The version I've got it 5.4.1.10

-- Phat.

I know this doesn't help you now, but I would use the web application to manipulate time, not the desktop application. Much lower chance of bugs.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members