nagorop

Anyone attended Upwork Webinar?

With all this on-going chaos of the Upwork website, I would doubt if the "Earning more on Upwork: live and interactive webinar" took place yesterday. I have registered to attend it but at last it couldn't fit to my schedule so I had to cancel it. I registered again for the next webinar on September 17th. 

Has any of you attended any of the previous webinars? Was it worthwhile or just a waste of time? 

26 REPLIES 26
oquintela

You can judge for yourself here

Yes I've seen that Olga. It is funny ๐Ÿ™‚

However I 've no idea what were the tips from the webinar and how they relate to the problem...

Any other comprehensive feedback?

is this what i was supposed to see when i clicked your link Olga? 

Access Denied

No, this is because the link directs you to the Top rated forum which has limited access.

Basically a freelancer complains that when he followed the webinar tips about improving his profile, his profile views shown on "My stats" page suddently have droped down. 

pandoraharper

@Nikolaos A wrote:

With all this on-going chaos of the Upwork website, I would doubt if the "Earning more on Upwork: live and interactive webinar" took place yesterday. I have registered to attend it but at last it couldn't fit to my schedule so I had to cancel it. I registered again for the next webinar on September 17th. 

Has any of you attended any of the previous webinars? Was it worthwhile or just a waste of time? 

There was a webinar yesterday?  Can you share a link? Maybe a link from the email you should have received later on that day, with possibly a Youtube video recording of the webinar?

Iv'e attended 4-5 webinars total over the last few years. Some have been quite good, some were not useful to me at all, but well done, and a couple were just a mess (tech issues, etc). At this point, I register for all they post about, but can't always attend because of client commitments.

They are getting better at doing these Webinars, that is certain. However, the language used in them is not very different from the spin we get from the Moderators and Community Managers here in the forums.  Just be aware of that.

I attended a webinar a couple of weeks ago and asked a very specific question, phrased a certain way. The presenter totally side-stepped my qustion and answer me with a spiel about the virtues of the Upwork Message Center.

My Question:  is usage of the Message Center actually REQUIRED for fix-ed price jobs, which had been mentioned by a Mod in the forums a couple of days prioir. I was like what the heck.

l_travis

Hello Nikolaos, 

If you want to check out the webinar on your own time we have a recording. Let me know if you have questions! 

Untitled

Hello Lilian,

is this video the actual webinar? Then what is the point to register at specific date and time?

They post them after the actual webinar and keep them up for future reference. 

But this webinar is repeated every week.

I found the webinar very helpful - that is, I got my first three interviews (two of which have already produced contracts) within hours of making the recommended changes to my profile. Honestly I didn't even complete all of the recommended profile changes, as recording a video - even casually - takes a tremendous amount of planning on my part to keep the anxiety at bay. I'd second the others who have said to take a look at the archived version of the webinar (I'm thinking about saving it so that I can review it periodically, especially when my schedule frees back up) and, if you feel that you have direct questions - definitely participate in the new webinar. (Although, to be fair, the webinar I attended , many of the questions were answered with "That would be a better question for the community" ... Which I only knew about because of said webinar.)

- Barbara Herrera -

Hi Nikolaos,

The point is that you can put you questions. 

I took it and I think it was mainly for new Upwork Freelancers. 

The Question-Answer section was short also. 

Thanks a ton, Lillian.

It wasn't feasible for me to attend, due to my hourly contract (webinar coincides with my shift timings)

Hello Lillian,

The links that you mentioned in your post are not of the webinar i attended today at 2 in the afternoon.

"Earning more on Upwork: live and interactive webinar" is the one i was talking about .could you post the youtube link of this particular webinar please.

Thankyou.

Hi Indrika,

Please, check out this video.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Lillian,

i attended the "EARNING MORE ON UPWORK" webinar  today but for some reason i couldn't see the video but i was able to hear the entire webinar and see the slides being presented .could you post the youtube video of this webinar please that would be  great help to catch up on some important points i missed.

THANKYOU. 

nagorop

Just attended the webinar today. I didn't really hear anything new, but to be fair it was a good comprehensive presentation for any new Upwork freelancer. Just that.

During the webinar, we could post any questions that was supposed to be answered after the presentation. A small detail that we noticed is the battery level of the presenter's screen was under 10%. The presenter started to answer some of the questions, however the time was passing (and battery level was dropping) and I didn't hear any of my submitted questions. Suddently the presenter (with battery at 5%) said goodbye to us and ended the seminar. The webinar window auto-closed and I couldn't even check or save the answers to other attendee's questions. I was left speechless Smiley Frustrated

My advice to the next webinar presenter; Please charge your laptop before the scheduled webinar time ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey Nikolaos, 

Thanks for attending the webinar today! Sorry you felt I ended it abruptly, but at the beginning of the webinar I made the announcement that I would have to end a little early @11:55am. Can I clarify any unanswered questions you might have? 

Untitled

I cannot blame battery. It was closed just as scheduled. 

1. Are the profile views on my stats page only potential clients  views or are they freelancers views also included?

2. What is the "Rising talent program"?

3. How can you report a suspicious job post or client? What are the steps of the process? Is it an anonymous report?

4. The current judging system does not take into account at all irresponsible client behavours, such as unresponsive clients who simply forget to end their contracts and leave their feedbacks. I am not talking about any kind of dispute between client and freelancer. This is a very unfair situation for all freelancers, as it has negative impact on their score without having done anything wrong on their side.  Are you aware of these weaknesses of the system? Is there any chance that you take some actions to improve it?

Hello Nikolaos,

1. Are the profile views on my stats page only potential clients  views or are they freelancers views also included?

The views on your My Stats page are from both clients and freelancers.

2. What is the "Rising talent programโ€?

The Rising Talent program, currently in beta mode, provides freelancers without a long history on Upwork with extra perks to get started on Upwork, grow earnings and demonstrate their reputation quickly to prospective clients in the marketplace. 

3. How can you report a suspicious job post or client? What are the steps of the process? Is it an anonymous report?

-You can report a job post by clicking "Flag as inappropriateโ€

-When you report a job posting as suspicious it is anonymous

-If you have concerns about a client please reach out to Upwork Customer Support by submitting a ticket from the questions mark and click Help and Support

4. Are you aware of these weaknesses of the system? Is there any chance that you take some actions to improve it?

-Thank you so much for your feedback and Iโ€™ll make sure our product team gets it. 

In regards to what I can personally do to take some action, I host a client webinar and I do cover the topic of ending contracts and providing feedback in a timely fashion. 

Untitled

Thanks for your answers Lillian. I didn't manage to check the forum last week.

Regarding your last comment, it is great you mention clients' obligations in your webinars, but the problem is about the clients who don't follow these obligations and what Upwork does to protect freelancers' score from these cases. Webinars are great but they are not enought and they are far from solving such problematic situations.

i have attented the webinar and i found it was useful for me but you were just talking a listtle fast ๐Ÿ˜„ 
anyway it was very good

thank you 

"Please charge your laptop before the scheduled webinar time"

Or get one that plugs into the mains.

@Stephen B wrote:

"Please charge your laptop before the scheduled webinar time"

Or get one that plugs into the mains.

Are there mains on tropical beaches?