🐈 Community
harrypill

Anyone else getting irrelevant job suggestions from Upwork?

So the only jobs I've done on Upwork are video editing. Lowest rate of about $30 an hour. Bit annoying to get suggested rock bottom budget jobs for article writing, anyone else being suggested irrelivant jobs? Any way I can stop this happening? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
katrinabeaver

All the time!   I got one for an Arabic translator one time.  I have also gotten one for a lawyer in Australia.  These were both a while back.  I have to say that most I get now are on target with my skills, but not my price.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Just to add.  You might want to change your profile pic to just you or no pic at all.  It violates TOS and you can get suspended until you fix it.  Smiley Wink

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

I can honestly say that less than 10% of the jobs recommended to me are remotely connected to my work; and of those that are vaguely relevant to me, I consider that to be no more than law of average. This has been reported and discussed endlessly on here, and Upwork keep promising that they're working towards improving it, but it's as bad as it ever was.

The biggest recent laugh I got was a job for architectural designs for a roof structure. I'm a proofreader so wouldn't really be much good at that - but then again, somebody put the roof in proofreader.

That, I believe, is the long and short of the how advanced and intuitive Upwork's robot algorithms are.

Upcoming Events
Oct 27
Nov 29