cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting terrible tech support?

printexpert
Roberta B Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
1 of 8

I've been waiting since July for them to fix the bugs in my migrated elance profile so that potential clients can view it. All they will tell me whenever I ask for a status report is that "upper management is aware of the bug" and no date for when it will be fixed. They have completely ruined my business. I used to get 4-5 invitations to bid per day, and I haven't gotten even one in at least 6 weeks.

1642de36
Ilan B Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
2 of 8

Yes! It seems like ever since the shift from Odesk to UpWork that technical support and customer service have suffered greatly. Communication, and followthrough from the site is downright awful these days, when the site works that is.

dogwoodea
Victoria N Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
3 of 8

Yes, I transferred over from Elance and my job success score now is showing 79% when it should be 100%!  I am so upset about it because the incorrect score is effecting my work.  I have emailed tech support for several weeks and they keep saying that they don't have a time estimate, but are aware of the problem.  I have never experienced such horrible support.  

I also used to get 4-5 invitations a day and now I get nothing.  I received 2 more excellent 5.0 reviews from 2 different clients in the past week and my job success score went down again.  It seems every time I get an excellent review, the score drops.  

I was very concerned about transferring over to Upwork from Elance.  I never had these issues with Elance.  I guess I was right to be concerened.  

mikemckinney17
Ace Contributor
Michael M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
4 of 8

I only recently started using Upwork(As a new Freelancer, not transferring from another service), I haven't received any invites either(Though I presume this is do to my lesser reputation than to any technical problem, when do people generally start getting invites?), was it significantly better(the tech support), when it was still Odesk?

printexpert
Roberta B Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
5 of 8

It took me a couple of years to get to the top level (10) on elance. I don't know about Upwork -- judging from other comments their ranking system has nothing to do with the quality of your work or the satisfaction of your clients.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
6 of 8

@Michael M wrote:

I only recently started using Upwork(As a new Freelancer, not transferring from another service), I haven't received any invites either(Though I presume this is do to my lesser reputation than to any technical problem, when do people generally start getting invites?), was it significantly better(the tech support), when it was still Odesk?

@ @Michael

Assuming that your Profile Overview, Skills, Categories, Education, Employment and Portfolio (if applicable) are properly set up, Upworks algorithm has already learned some things about you and the services you provide. Once you get a couple of jobs in, that information will also be "indexed", and you "could" and will "probably" start receiving invites at that point.

Having said this, a LOT of factors affect our chances of getting invites. I personaly don't get many, and am not new to Upwork. This is simply because my niche is very very focused.  Some users here who work in competitive niches like writing are also feeling the heat, so to speak. So it will partially depend on what services you provide.

And finally, pretty much everyone here on Upwork (client and freelancers both) are currently negatively affected by the really lame algorithm I mentioned in my first paragraph of this reply. There are literally thousands of posts about how broken the algorithm is. Specifcs are beyond the scope of this post, but you can always use the Forum search field.

As for Tech Support, yes, it was better when this was Odesk. How is that for a much simplier answer, heh.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 8

"when do people generally start getting invites"

I'm sure it varies for each freelancer, but I got a bunch when I first started and then they died out and I started getting them again (notifications + invites).

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 8

Is it about jobs importing? It takes some time. I think I waited like a month.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS