Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else????

cheyenne-leo
Ace Contributor
Cheyenne L Member Since: Mar 16, 2015
1 of 23

Does anyone else ever get a client, on occasion, that seems annoyed when the work is done and it's time to pay? I've had two in the last few weeks. The last one called me pushy because I asked for payment. What is up with that? 

This widget could not be displayed.
2 of 23

@Cheyenne L wrote:

Does anyone else ever get a client, on occasion, that seems annoyed when the work is done and it's time to pay? I've had two in the last few weeks. The last one called me pushy because I asked for payment. What is up with that? 

If your fixed-price project was funded or you have an hourly contract you should be paid after some time. If you do not have any of both you will not be paid. 

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 23

All my projects are fully funded or hourly so I never need to ask.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 23

Same here. Escrow auto releases after 14 days anyway.  I don't ask about payments.  Most of my offline clients are Net 30 and Net 60

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
5 of 23

Most of my clients pay very fast. If I find somebody strange from the beginning, I do not work for him/her.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
6 of 23

So you communicated beyond submitting the request through the fixed price process? (I'm assuming fixed price contract.) 

I think clients assume that if they don't want to take action they can just allow the 'system' to release payment after 14 days. I have contacted clients to confirm that they received the work submission or ask if they needed changes, but not for early payment. 

cheyenne-leo
Ace Contributor
Cheyenne L Member Since: Mar 16, 2015
7 of 23

I didn't get ripped off or anything, and no I wasn't asking for payment early. Also, this question was asking if anyone else had that experience- not what the best payment practices and expectations are. 

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
8 of 23

No, I have not had any client be annoyed when I submitted my work. 

9 of 23

@Cheyenne L wrote:

I didn't get ripped off or anything, and no I wasn't asking for payment early. Also, this question was asking if anyone else had that experience- not what the best payment practices and expectations are. 

That is exactly what you have written in your first post.

The last one called me pushy because I asked for payment.

lizablau
Community Guru
Lisa B Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
10 of 23

@Margarete M wrote:

@Cheyenne L wrote:

That is exactly what you have written in your first post.

The last one called me pushy because I asked for payment.

No, she didn't write that. You cut off the last word of her sentence. She said "And no, I wasn't asking for payment EARLY." That's the key word. By leaving off the word "early," you're misrepresenting what she said. While it's been rare, I've also had clients who don't acknowledge receipt of work, refuse to answer messages and release payment. It's definitely not being "pushy" after a week or so to ask the client if they'd like any revisions, and if not, to kindly release the funds.  In fact, that's how Support advised me to respond the one time it happened to me. And the system finally released the funds, not the client. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS