Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else????

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
21 of 23

@Tonya P wrote:

As an employer, if I set a contract that was scheduled to automatically pay and presumably close in 14 days and after 10 days the contractor asked me to manually close it, I would find that annoying. I would wonder why I'm being asked to do something extra when the payment system has already been established. From the client point of view, it makes no sense to set up a payment system and then ignore it and follow some other procedure. 

Except, most clients don't have a clue about funds being released after 14 days etc. They are not consciously setting up 'payment systems' but clicking a few buttons.

We all know that educating clients is important because of the way UW holds us responsible for everything clients fail to do. 

Also, it's rather unprofessional to be annoyed because a person you are doing business with dares to contact you with regard to contractual obligations. I am glad I haven't encountered clients that feel this way so far. And I want to (and do) get paid once the client has established my work is OK and no revisions are necessary.

That's why they have an 'approval' button in the first place.

cheyenne-leo
Ace Contributor
Cheyenne L Member Since: Mar 16, 2015
22 of 23

yea... this comment thread's begun to remind me why I've started with other agencies. Have a nice day everyone. 

jorgensons
Community Guru
Signe J Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
23 of 23

I've occasionally had clients who don't acknowledge receiving my work -- in fact, one this week -- but I've never had a problem with clients refusing to pay or getting annoyed about paying. In the couple of cases where the clients haven't acknowledged my work, they simply haven't said anything at all. It's annoying to have to wait for the 14-day release, plus the 5-day hold, but the money always comes eventually. (But three weeks! That's a long time!)  It's even more annoying to have the open contract on my list and no feedback for the job. And it's even more annoying to close the contract myself and have my JSS get dinged (I think) because the MIA client hasn't given feedback. But...so it goes, I guess.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS