🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Anyone experiencing multiple missing messages...
Page options
65dab6ce
Community Member

Anyone experiencing multiple missing messages?

I thought my client wasn't reading my messages, turns out she wasn't getting them.

Some messages just don't show up for her (and for me too) and the conversation seems weird.

She tried sending me some information and it doesnt show up for me. All I see is..

"Here's the information:________" Blank

When I told her I didnt get it she said she'd go back through her messages and resend.

She found them and said...

"I found them quickly. Here:______" Still blank.

She realized something was off and said:

"I think you might not be receiving some of my messages because I sent the
credentials immediately -- I have noticed that some of your messages to
me "stack up" too, and I have missed a couple at different points. Just FYI!"

Can someone help me understand what's going on?

I had to get the informatiom via text as it wasn't showing up in Upwork messages at all.

Mods? Help?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Remi,

I'm sorry to hear about this. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket so that this can be investigated further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Hi, Remi, please keep us posted about this, as several of us have experienced the problem and as far as I know, it hasn't been resolved yet. Thx!

joechiu
Community Member

This is a serious issue.  On Friday 7-Nov-2020, I sent an important message to my clients about an issue with the project that was undergoing manufacturing.  Because my client has at times been very busy, I didn't think much of not hearing from them that day.  But I just called him to double-check how things were going and he told me he did not get the information.  He looked in Messages and then I went in to confirm that the message I prepared was not in the messages history.

I think there's something broken in your messages processing where it sometimes look okay to the sender, but did not actually get sent.  It only becomes apparent later if the Upwork client is closed and reopened (which had happened this morning for wholly unrelated reasons).

Hi Joseph,

I'm very sorry to hear you experienced this issue. I can see that there's a support ticket already created for your case and one of our agents should be getting back to you soon. Sorry for any inconvenience this could've caused.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
joechiu
Community Member

Thanks Luiggi.  Yes, I realized I should file a formal ticket about this. An agent did respond and I have provided the additional details that was requested.  I hope that helps.

joechiu
Community Member

Just an update on this topic -- it turns out that in my case, the problem was my fault, made worse by the way the messenger works.

I tend to juggle multiple projects/clients, and in this particular case, I had sent my messages to the wrong client channel.  However, my client (the other client) did not respond to that wrong message, and later sent a variety of other messages so that I did not see the earlier messages sent to the wrong channel.

I had use the @person-name feature which tags a person, but because the people I tagged were a part of a different job, the people I was messaging couldn't see my messages to them that were in the wrong channel (and never notified); and yet because it silently appears as it worked, I didn't realize that I was typing in the wrong channel.

It would be very helpful if messges can recognize when this situation occurs.  Ultimately, this problem is on me, but it would have been nice if the tool helped me catch this sooner.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths