mistykeith

Anyone noticing their accounts or feedback being tampered with?

I am more than irate myself right now, and even leaving a complaint and ticket with Odesk support isn't satisfying. I get up this morning, log on, and find that this Odesk system has wrongly tampered with my past 6 months feedback. My overall was 4.84, my past 6 months 4.91, and suddenly it was dropped to match the overall feedback score? Is ANYONE seeing things happening on their profiles due to Odesk automation? What right do they have to go in and mess with anything is the BIG question? Yes, Odesk needs to start questioning what's going to happen to their profit margin when they start impacting contractors making them revenue. And to think, they always slap these guarantees on my jobs, either hourly or fixed. And clients always tell me I'm being recommended to them by Odesk, but then Odesk turns around and peddles around with my profile score? WHAT? I'd just like to see if anyone else is having issues and how they are managing?
6 REPLIES 6

It happened to me a few months ago - it suddenly dropped two points from 4.99 to 4.97 (those were the days...). It tool a couple of weeks with support till it eventually came back

Months ago I had this happen and they immediately went and fixed it two days later. This time, however, they are claiming that the overall score is 4.84, and that is all they keep saying. I understand that, and I agree the overall score is 4.84 (and then again, I'm not sure because when the 6 month score would change the overall score never changed) but they are consistently ignoring my point. For an entire week, after I had three jobs end, my 6 month score was a 4.91 (from hardwork). Of course the 6 month work period is going to be different from the overall (not always, but 9 times out of ten it is different as no one is perfect for 3 years) At any rate, I've told them I know what my profile has been all week, and the week before. The 6 month period was the 4.91 and the overall or all time feedback was the 4.84. Another thing to add is they don't have the jobs I've had in the past 6 months right either, nor do they have the hours I've put in the past 6 months. Based on these factors, how can they accurately claim anything at all? They can't. The entire system seems to be freaking failing!

[quote=Misty Keith]Based on these factors, how can they accurately claim anything at all? They can't. The entire system seems to be freaking failing![/quote]
khangkhung

I think it does not only affect the feedback score but also their 'scanning' of fraudulent software usage. My financial account got suspended for alleged use of auto-click software. Funny things is, I can't use it on my work because I'm a video editor. A fellow member on another odesk group in facebook got his financial account for THE SAME REASON. I bet a lot of freelancers out there got their account suspended too for the same reason.

I have no idea on any auto click software, that would be another issue. I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
mistykeith

Isn't it so nice to have to deal with these in-discrepancies of Odesk? NOT. This morning, I check the ticket and find they now see my point, and now agree there is a serious issue, OBVIOUSLY... What I don't understand and would like an answer to is, why they felt the need to go behind the scenes and disrupt a contractors profile aka feedback area to begin with? You know, I've noticed every time my feedback in the 6 month area would go up, there was never a change to the all time feedback score? Isn't that a little odd too? Sometimes I wonder....is it too much to ask to have the system work the way it was initially created too? And thanks for letting me rant, lol!