cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to stop Upwork job recommendations emails?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
1 of 9

Seriously, this is getting annoying. I have received 18 in a little over a week. 

This was the breakdown:

1 - invite only job

12 - were way seriously under budget. $10 for a logo? Are you serious? And not to mention that a lot of these "clients" had no details about the job, were new to Upwork, etc.

5 - were jobs that were not in my field. Resume writer, um no! 

I like to carefully pick and chose my clients when I am looking for projects. I appreciate the effort but now it is getting irritating and I would like to turn these notifications off!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 9

Hi Amy,

Sorry to hear about your frustration with recommended jobs. You can turn the Job Recommendation emails off in your Settings> Notification Settings. If you scroll down you will see the option to uncheck and stop the Job Recommendation emails from being sent to you.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
3 of 9

Thank you Valeria! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
4 of 9

Valeria,

I have the same frustration, but I also don;t want to be excluded from Upwork recruiters who invite me to jobs for clients with decent budgets.

If I make the changes you suggest above, will that affect my invites from Upwork recruiters?

Problem is, these recommended jobs aren;t even remotely related to what i do. I just got one for a JS dev...and I have absolutely no knowledge of that at all, or the invite that required someone to live in a completely diffrent country than I do... etc etc. I mean, once agin the algos just fail miserably. But again, let's assume they do this on purpose cause they know what they are doing Smiley Happy

Anyways, is it possible to turn of SPECIFIC types of job notifications, or is it an 'all or none' situation?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
5 of 9

Can we just turn off irrelevant job suggestions, and only ge tthe relevant ones? That would be really good...

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 9

Hi Tony,

If you turn off the Recommended Jobs email notifications, it shouldn't affect the invitations from our recruiting team to apply for certain jobs. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
7 of 9

Thanks Valeria.

Here's another example of a recommended job that is INVITE only:

"Hi Edwin,
We need a social media advertising plan for a candy client in the US. This is a media plan, not a strategy or creative/content plan. Here are the specifications."\

Clearly, it is not intended for anyone else to apply, yet Upwork still invites people like me to apply?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
8 of 9

I like the best when I get an irrelevant invite from UpWork's Job Success Manager, while my profile is set to private. Happiness overload.

James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
9 of 9

Well at least you're getting them!

I haven't received a single job invite or any job recommendations since Doomsday; May 5th 2015.

I don't even get a notice when a my application gets declined by a client anymore either.

Yes my settings are correct. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS