🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: SPecialized public views show errors
Page options
browersr
Community Member

Apostrophe Not Rendering Properly in Profile

For some reason apostrophies (contractions, possessives, etc. ) are no longer rendering properly when viewing a profile. It looks to be a web escaping issue. For example  client's  becomes client's

I have checked this on Chrome (which I normally use) as well as Edge and both produce the same incorrect results.

Obviously this looks bad, so hopefully someone can investigate and resolve ASAP.

Screen capture from my profile: 

Capture.JPG

61 REPLIES 61

This is also happening in email notices for milestone updates. I received one this morning where the client's message contained an apostrophe that was not properly escaped.

Hi Wes,

Thanks for noticing and reporting this! I will follow up with the team so that this can be investigated further.

Edited to add: You can expect one of our agents to reach out to you via a support ticket with more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yea honestly this is a wide-spread issue that needs to be fixed asap. 

Have the devs fix it please.

8aa82664
Community Member

All apostrophes in my profile have been replaced with '

Can you please help me fix this asap? It looks incredibly unprofessional.

Please help!

Thanks,

rav1kant
Community Member

Same experience here. Apostrophes not rendering and I check my profile bio page, fix it, and then go back and see it's a mess of characters instead of an apostrophe. 

austen_f
Community Member

Apostrophes are replaced with ' on my specialized profile. I try to fix them but they keep reverting back to '

This doesn't occur for my main profile, only the specialized one. How can I fix it?

Anyone have a solution?

Hi Austen,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I have shared this with the team, and one of our agents will assist you directly via ticket. Our engineers are already aware of this and are also working to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am waiting from last 4-5 days to get rid of those strange chracters inside my profile overview. Please get it fixed asap.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We've gotten a confirmation that the issue with apostrophe and ampersand symbols not showing correctly on profiles has been fixed. I've also checked on a few profiles and they were showing correctly but please let us know if you continue seeing issues with those symbols on profiles. 

We are still checking on the issue Wes reported with the symbols in email notifications and will provide an update here as soon as we have more information.

Thanks, everybody, for your patience!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks, Valeria. It's fixed on my profile.

Now you might want to check into this...

2020-10-02.png

Hi Amanda, 

I have shared this with the team so that we can look into this further. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sburleigh
Community Member

Belwo is how the public view of my content writng specilized profile looks:

" I've helped clients as big as IBM and AT&T reveal what's best about their product and services. I combine top-notch research and investigative reporting skills with current and updated Associated Press (AP) conventions so that every blog or researched article is error free."

Why are there &#39 all over where there should be apostrohes  forinstance, I've now looks like I've, wtc.....
Here is my copywriting specialized profile:

"With 3 completed case studies for Elsevier and 5-star ratings, I can bring awareness to your solutions and have prospects saying 'yes' during that critical decision making phase. If your solutions are excellent. If your client is beyond ecstatic with your services. Do not keep the success to yourself. It's insane not to use this information to target your inbound marketing strategy. If you have:  "

Correcting it through the editing feature makes it worse.

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you in getting this corrected.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

In 2 minutes the error was marked solved.  But I took all the steps provided and the special characters still appear for every apostrophe in the public view.  I can't bring clients to UpWork.  Not like this.

Here is the response from technical support

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sylvia,

I'm sorry to hear the issue persists. The team should follow up with you as soon as they see your reply. Please consider following up on your ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that they can assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Please see this thread. It's happening to everybody.

Thanks Wes, for the thread.  The editing application in specialized profiles has been happening since May.  At least that is when I first encountered it.  UpWork pushes this profile when you accept a job with certain tagging.  In May, I completed the profiles then realizing in pubilc view the ampersand like AT&T and apostrophes were renedered into gibberish.  The reason I haven't reported unitl know is that it usually goes right into solved status.

My apologies to the community at large if this is redundant. I feel Annelyn will correct it and I will post the resolution here.

140copywriter
Community Member

Hi, this post is for Moderators. Please report it to the technical department.

I'm trying to update my profile title and description, but after I save, the symbols don't show properly. For example,

& is shown like & 

is shown like '

is shown like "

When I correct them and save again, they turn into their incorrect forms again. 

Hi Kamran, 

I am sorry for the late response. Thank you for sharing this with us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
yitwail
Community Member

Kamran, it's not just you. This has already been reported many times here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Apostrophe-Not-Rendering-Properly-in-Profile/m-p/811331/... 

Learning Paths