Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apostrophe Not Rendering Properly in Profile

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
1 of 31

For some reason apostrophies (contractions, possessives, etc. ) are no longer rendering properly when viewing a profile. It looks to be a web escaping issue. For example  client's  becomes client's

I have checked this on Chrome (which I normally use) as well as Edge and both produce the same incorrect results.

Obviously this looks bad, so hopefully someone can investigate and resolve ASAP.

Screen capture from my profile: 

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 31

Hi Scott,

I have escalated your concern to the team for investigation, and one of our agents will also reach out to you via a support ticket. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 31

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Scott,

I have escalated your concern to the team for investigation, and one of our agents will also reach out to you via a support ticket. 

Thanks, Joanne. They have indicated they are looking into it. 

Highlighted
Stephen T Member Since: Jul 19, 2020
4 of 31

Hello,

I recently updated my profile text. When I went to check out the public view of my profile, all contractions had been butchered. Example:

"I'm experienced in..." displayed as

"I$#($*m experienced in..."

Thoughts? Has anyone else had this issue? 

I've since edited the text of my profile to avoid use of contractions, but this is pretty embarassing.

Highlighted
5 of 31

I have also escalated this to our team, Stephen. One of our team members will also reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Qazi D Member Since: Aug 31, 2020
6 of 31

Hello,
I updated profile overview and after saving, all the '&' characters turn into "  &   ". I have tried editing it and deleting those extra characters that appear out of no where but after saving it they appear again.
I think it is some sort of a glitch if any one can help me in fixing it that would be great!

Highlighted
7 of 31

Hi Qazi,

Thanks for reporting this to us. I've also escalated your concern to our team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Thomas S Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
8 of 31

Hi, I'm also having this problem on my profile. If you could put me in touch with a service representative, that would be fantastic. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 31

Hi Thomas,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 31

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Thomas,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

Bojan, I know you are speaking to Thomas but I can tell you that the problems persists across browsers as written in my OP. I've left mine so that UW could troubleshoot but it has been days with no movement. I am going to have to re-write that area shortly if this doesn't get resolved. This is not a cache and cookies problem.

Incidentally, I can see the issue when viewing Thomas' profile as well. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS