🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Appears Client Has Paid, But I Haven´t Receiv...
Page options
beebewill

Appears Client Has Paid, But I Haven´t Received...?

Hello Friends,

I accepted an offer on April 27 (for a job which I had already finished) and I can see that the client has paid the agreed amount into escrow.  I can see the amount paid, the amount agreed, and the contract number.

Could someone tell me why I haven´t received the money yet?

Is it perhaps because I haven´t give the client feedback, or is that not mandatory?

I appreciate your kind counsel.

Cheers, Will B.

18 REPLIES 18
mtngigi

Have you looked under your "Reports/Overview" tab?

When you submitted the final work, did you click the "Get Paid" button?

Hi Virginia,

That was the deal.

The money was there, and I believe I got (will get) paid.

Thanks a million (that´s what I really want to get paid!).

Cheers

tlsanders

Go to your Reports tab and pick Overview.

You will see four columns: In Progress, In Review, Pending and Available

If your client has approved payment, the dollar amount should appear in the "Pending" column--it takes five days for escrowed funds to transfer to "available" status.

If you click on the number under pending and scroll down, you will be able to see the date the funds will be available. If you are in the U.S. funds actually become available the evening before the date listed.

Great Tiffany==thanks for your guru-like and detailed advice.

I think I got it now.

All the best to you, Will

Hi, 

I have the same problem, i did a job for a client a few weeks ago, it was set in milestones. I completed the first one and they approved. My money has not been paid, even though it looks like the client has paid Upwork Escrow. but it has not come up in my balance or my overview. Please help its been around 4 weeks!

Duru T wrote:

I have the same problem, i did a job for a client a few weeks ago, it was set in milestones. I completed the first one and they approved. My money has not been paid, even though it looks like the client has paid Upwork Escrow. 

Did you use the green "Submit for payment" button on the contract to submit the work?

submit work for payment.png

If you had, the funds in Escrow for that milestone (only) would have been released when the client released them or after 14 days, whichever came sooner. 

Yes, I did!

Duru T wrote:

Yes, I did!

Then take a look at your Reports > Overview page. 

Was it the $ 75 contract? You were paid $ 75 (minus fees and VAT) for that at some point. Did you maybe have a scheduled withdrawal set up? Take a look at your Transaction History?

Yes, it was. I know i was paid through my client, but i have still not received that amount which is why i am so stressed! I have received small amounts of it, but it has stopped and now i am not receiving anything.

Sorry, i am new to this!

Duru T wrote:

Yes, it was. I know i was paid through my client, but i have still not received that amount which is why i am so stressed! I have received small amounts of it, but it has stopped and now i am not receiving anything.

Well, it's somewhere, so let's see if we can find it.

Take a look at your Reports > Overview page.  

Can you see any money under any of the tabs?

Do you have a scheduled withdrawal set up?

Have you bought Connects?

Take a look at your Transaction History - Can you see any withdrawals?

So, i can see the amount in little parts under 'available'. 

And i dont think i do have a scheduled withdrawal set up.

And no i havent bought connects.

And yes, a few weeks ago i withdrawed 36 and on the 2nd of JAN i withdrawed 17. But it has been quite ever since.

Spoiler

*^ quiet, sorry for the typo

Duru T wrote:

And yes, a few weeks ago i withdrawed 36 and on the 2nd of JAN i withdrawed 17. But it has been quite ever since.

So what are you expecting?

You see a bit of money under "Available"? How much?

So you have withdrawn 53 Dollars, right?

The client paid $ 75

You then paid Upwork 20% Service fee and 20% VAT on the Service fee.

So you should have had $57 left, of which you have withdrawn $53 - plus withdrawal fees (2 x $2)

So you were paid in full.

Yes, i got that now. Sorry i am new to upwork and i thought the service fees were less! Thank you so much for helping and getting back to me, you have answered a lot of questions!

My fault for not understanding how upwork worked!

Thank you for taking the time.

Hi.

I have recently accepted a job which was to transcribe 11 audios. My client set it in 2 milestones. After i finished the first one, she approved and sent me an extra bonus. The money showed up on my billings but i never got it, as when i pressed to see my balance there was nothing there. 4 weeks has passed and i still have not gotten my payment. But it looks as my client indeed has paid but i havent received it. Around the 2nd of January i receieved 17 dollars which is less than half of what my client has paid. Please help. She approved the milestone and everything. I have been trying to get in contact with someone but no one has answered me and my client does not know why i haven't received my payment. PLEASE someone HELP.

Thank you.

djondinium
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Duru,

I checked the contract you are referring to and your client only set up one milestone for which they funded $50 in Escrow. Your client released $50 for the milestone and a $25 bonus payment.

On January 1st, you received $38 for the milestone ($10 were the freelancer service fees and $2 is the VAT). On the same day, you withdrew $36 and were charged an additional $2 for the PayPal fee.

On January 2nd, you received the $19 for the bonus payment ($5 are the fees and $1 is VAT). You withdrew the funds and were charged $2 for the PayPal fee.

Could you please let me know if maybe the withdrawals didn't reach your PayPal account? 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

HIya thanks for getting back to me.

Yes all that information is correct, but the total is still 57? Shouldnt it be more as i was paid 75? 

This was very helpful and well detailed.

Upcoming Events
Dec 13
Succeeding with Clients Talent Toolbox
Dec 21
Virtual Community Hour Community Hour