cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appears Client Has Paid, But I Haven´t Received...?

beebewill
Will B Member Since: Apr 23, 2017
1 of 18

Hello Friends,

I accepted an offer on April 27 (for a job which I had already finished) and I can see that the client has paid the agreed amount into escrow.  I can see the amount paid, the amount agreed, and the contract number.

Could someone tell me why I haven´t received the money yet?

Is it perhaps because I haven´t give the client feedback, or is that not mandatory?

I appreciate your kind counsel.

Cheers, Will B.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 18

Have you looked under your "Reports/Overview" tab?

When you submitted the final work, did you click the "Get Paid" button?

beebewill
3 of 18

Hi Virginia,

That was the deal.

The money was there, and I believe I got (will get) paid.

Thanks a million (that´s what I really want to get paid!).

Cheers

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 18

Go to your Reports tab and pick Overview.

You will see four columns: In Progress, In Review, Pending and Available

If your client has approved payment, the dollar amount should appear in the "Pending" column--it takes five days for escrowed funds to transfer to "available" status.

If you click on the number under pending and scroll down, you will be able to see the date the funds will be available. If you are in the U.S. funds actually become available the evening before the date listed.

beebewill
5 of 18

Great Tiffany==thanks for your guru-like and detailed advice.

I think I got it now.

All the best to you, Will

dtanir
Duru T Member Since: Jan 13, 2021
6 of 18

Hi, 

I have the same problem, i did a job for a client a few weeks ago, it was set in milestones. I completed the first one and they approved. My money has not been paid, even though it looks like the client has paid Upwork Escrow. but it has not come up in my balance or my overview. Please help its been around 4 weeks!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 18

Duru T wrote:

I have the same problem, i did a job for a client a few weeks ago, it was set in milestones. I completed the first one and they approved. My money has not been paid, even though it looks like the client has paid Upwork Escrow. 

Did you use the green "Submit for payment" button on the contract to submit the work?

submit work for payment.png

If you had, the funds in Escrow for that milestone (only) would have been released when the client released them or after 14 days, whichever came sooner. 

dtanir
8 of 18

Yes, I did!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 18

Duru T wrote:

Yes, I did!

Then take a look at your Reports > Overview page. 

Was it the $ 75 contract? You were paid $ 75 (minus fees and VAT) for that at some point. Did you maybe have a scheduled withdrawal set up? Take a look at your Transaction History?

dtanir
10 of 18

Yes, it was. I know i was paid through my client, but i have still not received that amount which is why i am so stressed! I have received small amounts of it, but it has stopped and now i am not receiving anything.

Sorry, i am new to this!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS