cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appears Client Has Paid, But I Haven´t Received...?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 18

Duru T wrote:

Yes, it was. I know i was paid through my client, but i have still not received that amount which is why i am so stressed! I have received small amounts of it, but it has stopped and now i am not receiving anything.

Well, it's somewhere, so let's see if we can find it.

Take a look at your Reports > Overview page.  

Can you see any money under any of the tabs?

Do you have a scheduled withdrawal set up?

Have you bought Connects?

Take a look at your Transaction History - Can you see any withdrawals?

dtanir
Duru T Member Since: Jan 13, 2021
12 of 18

So, i can see the amount in little parts under 'available'. 

And i dont think i do have a scheduled withdrawal set up.

And no i havent bought connects.

And yes, a few weeks ago i withdrawed 36 and on the 2nd of JAN i withdrawed 17. But it has been quite ever since.

dtanir
13 of 18
Spoiler

*^ quiet, sorry for the typo

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 18

Duru T wrote:

And yes, a few weeks ago i withdrawed 36 and on the 2nd of JAN i withdrawed 17. But it has been quite ever since.

So what are you expecting?

You see a bit of money under "Available"? How much?

So you have withdrawn 53 Dollars, right?

The client paid $ 75

You then paid Upwork 20% Service fee and 20% VAT on the Service fee.

So you should have had $57 left, of which you have withdrawn $53 - plus withdrawal fees (2 x $2)

So you were paid in full.

dtanir
15 of 18

Yes, i got that now. Sorry i am new to upwork and i thought the service fees were less! Thank you so much for helping and getting back to me, you have answered a lot of questions!

My fault for not understanding how upwork worked!

Thank you for taking the time.

dtanir
16 of 18

Hi.

I have recently accepted a job which was to transcribe 11 audios. My client set it in 2 milestones. After i finished the first one, she approved and sent me an extra bonus. The money showed up on my billings but i never got it, as when i pressed to see my balance there was nothing there. 4 weeks has passed and i still have not gotten my payment. But it looks as my client indeed has paid but i havent received it. Around the 2nd of January i receieved 17 dollars which is less than half of what my client has paid. Please help. She approved the milestone and everything. I have been trying to get in contact with someone but no one has answered me and my client does not know why i haven't received my payment. PLEASE someone HELP.

Thank you.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
17 of 18

Hi Duru,

I checked the contract you are referring to and your client only set up one milestone for which they funded $50 in Escrow. Your client released $50 for the milestone and a $25 bonus payment.

On January 1st, you received $38 for the milestone ($10 were the freelancer service fees and $2 is the VAT). On the same day, you withdrew $36 and were charged an additional $2 for the PayPal fee.

On January 2nd, you received the $19 for the bonus payment ($5 are the fees and $1 is VAT). You withdrew the funds and were charged $2 for the PayPal fee.

Could you please let me know if maybe the withdrawals didn't reach your PayPal account? 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
dtanir
18 of 18

HIya thanks for getting back to me.

Yes all that information is correct, but the total is still 57? Shouldnt it be more as i was paid 75? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS