🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Application Withdrawal
Page options
cc63080d
Community Member

Application Withdrawal

Hi,

Good day!

Would you get your Connects back if you withdraw your application from the job postings?

There are jobs that I have applied for but I still don't get any response from the clients and I would like to withdraw tmy application, just not sure if I would get them back. 

Regards,

Michael E.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Michael E wrote:

Would you get your Connects back if you withdraw your application from the job postings?

You don't get them back if you withdraw a proposal, no. You get them back only if a client proactively closes a job post without hiring, or Upwork takes a post down for a policy-violation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Michael E wrote:

You don't get them back if you withdraw a proposal, no. You get them back only if a client proactively closes a job post without hiring, or Upwork takes a post down for a policy-violation.

cc63080d
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Thanks for your response!

It looks like I just need to keep them waiting there until they close the job.

Regards,

Michael E.

petra_r
Community Member

Michael E wrote:

It looks like I just need to keep them waiting there until they close the job.

Most don't. They just expire after 30 day (and you don't get the connects back if they expire, either).

What you really need to do is to send your proposal and then forget all about the proposal unless and until a client contacts you. Assume that all connects you use are gone forever. That way, the few that occasionally come back are a nice surprise.

Your answers helped me too. Thanks👍

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths