cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applications - Why Are Clients Not Being Emailed?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
1 of 8

Not hearing anything from Clients on your proposals? Maybe this is why. 

Today I had to post a small job. I posted it just over an hour ago. I then wen't off to do some things around the house and left my email program open so I'd hear my message notification alert when applicants applied. I then closed Upwork.

No emails at all and yet there have been 5 proposals in the last hour. I've never seen this happen before so I can only assume Clients are no longer being notified by email. 

That's not good as I had wanted to go out and knew I'd get email message notifications on my iPhone. Now that's not possible either.

As well, when I logged in again to the Client side there was no notification (the bell) in orange telling me of new applicants.

Have the notifications recently been changed? I checked my settings and I'm set up for notifications, so why am I not receiving them and how many other clients are not getting notified of our applications?

...and no, I'm not going to call customer support and go through that useless exercise.

Community Guru
2 of 8

Could a moderator please comment on what is happening with messages.

Maksym N Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
3 of 8

I'm not a moderator, but notification and messaging system are partially broken since middle of July

Community Guru
4 of 8

@Maksym N wrote:

I'm not a moderator, but notification and messaging system are partially broken since middle of July

So all clients are no longer getting emailed when they get an applicant to a job? 

Community Leader
Michael Z Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
5 of 8

Instead of constantly reporting about features that do NOT work. Could we just get a list of things that do work?

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
6 of 8

@Michael Z wrote:

Instead of constantly reporting about features that do NOT work. Could we just get a list of things that do work?

Such a list would not be current after say 2-3 days, because things are ALWAYS breaking.

Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
7 of 8

Can't resist.. Smiley Very Happy

What works

1. The button color change

2. The word change "proposal"

3. The irrelevant trivia in the message system.

Can I have a collective sigh of relief that the 3 most important things on this platform are working well. Smiley Tongue

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 8

Hi Jean,

We have been investigating the issue that you have reported. However, we need more details. Do you mind sending me a private message with the link to the job posting that you are referring to? Currently I do not see job postings on your client's profile that match your description. 

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS