🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Applications outside of Upwork
Page options
jendejournett
Community Member

Applications outside of Upwork

Hi All:

I have a question. I applied for a position on Upwork.   After going back and forth with the client they asked me to apply to the position on their website and follow up with their online personality testing.  

The testing took abotu 45 minutes and their online process took about about 30 minutes which contained many of the same informaiton that the upwork posting required me to submit.  I made it clear on both that I would require payment via Upwork becuase that was where the job was sourced.  He didn't ask for another arrangement but I wanted to set the expecation accordingly. 

I wound up not getting the work because they maybe hired someone else.

For those with more experience on this platform, do you ever do someone's online website process if you applied with UPwork?  Would you do their online personality screening?

It just took a great deal of time and I am wondering if I should have saw that as a red flag and saved myself the effort.

Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer D wrote:

The testing took abotu 45 minutes and their online process took about about 30 minutes which contained many of the same informaiton that the upwork posting required me to submit.  I made it clear on both that I would require payment via Upwork becuase that was where the job was sourced.

How much money had the client spent on Upwork and was their history showing them spending serious money on your caliber of freelancers?

The last time I jumped through an hour's or more worth of hoops the resulting contract was worth $ 100.000+++ - and yes, I got it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths