Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied? No I didn't.

browersr
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
1 of 8

Seems we have a new bug. I received an invitation to a project. I declined the invitation. Invitation shows as declined in my archive and clicking through on the job does not indicate I've applied. However, in the overall job feed the job shows with a blue "Applied" icon at the top. First time I've seen that and it's obviously wrong.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 8

That's been discussed before and I've seen it consistently. I don't think it's new, and I'm not sure it's a bug. I think "applied" simply means loosely that you're past the stage where you might submit a standard proposal. That's not useful, but I'm pretty sure it's always been that way.

browersr
Community Guru
3 of 8

@Tiffany S wrote:

That's been discussed before and I've seen it consistently. I don't think it's new, and I'm not sure it's a bug. I think "applied" simply means loosely that you're past the stage where you might submit a standard proposal. That's not useful, but I'm pretty sure it's always been that way.

That's interesting but I don't recall seeing it prior. It is a bug on my mind since it says I applied but I didn't apply. Also, there is nothing to prevent me from submitting a proposal like anyone else could. I think it would be useful if it were accurate. Not life changing but useful for visual scans through the list of jobs.  Instead of "applied" it could say "declined" or something like that. Keep applied for those things that we..well...actually applied to.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 8

Agree it would be great if it were accurate.

For as long as I can remember, I've seen "applied" attached to any job I'd been invited to, regardless of whether I'd accepted, declined or taken no action.

browersr
Community Guru
5 of 8

@Tiffany S wrote:

Agree it would be great if it were accurate.

For as long as I can remember, I've seen "applied" attached to any job I'd been invited to, regardless of whether I'd accepted, declined or taken no action.

You are probably right. Most of my invites are on "invite only" jobs so they wouldn't be in the list. I also don't spend much time looking through the list. Still I am surprised I would only notice this now. I guess I won't hold my breath for it to be fixed!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 8

Design Feature

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 8

Hi Scott, 

Tiffany is correct that this has been discussed before, and the "Applied" icon shows when you have been invited for a job, and you have declined the job post. 

We'll share your feedback to the team for their consideration.

~ Avery
Upwork
browersr
Community Guru
8 of 8

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Scott, 

Tiffany is correct that this has been discussed before, and the "Applied" icon shows when you have been invited for a job, and you have declined the job post. 

We'll share your feedback to the team for their consideration.

Thanks, Avery. Hard to fathom why anyone thinks "applied" means the same as "declined" but there are bigger fish to fry. Also understand that "for their consideration" translates to telling me to turn around and talk to the wall, but appreciate it anyway!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS