🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Applied for an HOURLY job, and after the work...
Page options
imthiaz_sahlah
Community Member

Applied for an HOURLY job, and after the work is done Client asks for a refund as I charge by hour

I applied for a hourly job with my hourly rate, despite client's previous history of low pay fixed jobs, and throughout the project client kept asking why I take 30mins per product (the process was long, artwork too big, so the uploads took longer, and I switched off the timer when it took longer).

After working for 2 weeks (5hrs per week, 30 products total) the Client sends me a message asking for a partial refund because she didn't know that I charge by the hour, and I appear to have done less than 20 products (I checked and I have done 29 and asked whether to do 1 more to make it 30)

I think the client meant this to be fixed job and assumed my 5$ an hour was supposed to be the total.

What do I do if the client chooses to leave a bad review on my profile based on this?

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sahlah I wrote:

What do I do if the client chooses to leave a bad review on my profile based on this?

You take it like a pro, don't respond to the client's feedback, and move on. In cases where you don't expect bad feedback, always let the client end the job, because then you are guaranteed to get feedback. The more feedback, the less impact one bad job has. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths