🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Apply Now button is greyed out - why can'...
Page options
1375bc91
Community Member

Apply Now button is greyed out - why can't I apply for a job?

Hey guys I don't get it, everything is filled out and up to date... my account should be good to go but I can't apply for work.

I have 120 connects.

i already completed a job a couple months ago and got great feedback.

I can access all of my features it seems except applying for work.

What gives?

21 REPLIES 21
LuiggiR

Hi Carl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, I'm experiencing the same. I clicked the button on a support page where I can request for my profile to be public again. It says resolved but I still cannot click "apply" button. It's grayed out. I also set my badge to available. Help please.

Hi Dhanvantari,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble applying for jobs. I checked your account and noticed your account has been placed on hold due to a declined card on your account. To restore your account, please remove the card with the declined status and add an active card. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I've done this but unfortunately the apply button on any jobs is still grayed out.

Hi Dhanvantari,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ibromodzi
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue now, did you manage to find a way around it? 

Hi Sikirullah,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you,  Andrea.

0351edd5
Community Member

Hey! I'm facing the same issue.

I successfully completed a job a couple of days ago and I still have 48 connects and yet I'm unable to apply for any more jobs becuase the 'Apply Now' button is disabled (grey).

Could anyone please assist me with this?

Thank you!

Hi Marium,

I can see that the team has reached out to you via email with more information about the status of your account and further instructions on how to resolve the issue. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team by responding to the email and they will surely assist you accordingly. You may also access and review the ticket linked to your case here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0351edd5
Community Member

Hey Arjay!

Thank you for your response!

I have not yet received any email to respond to and I have been trying to respond to the ticket you have issued as well, but I am not sure how to. Could you ask your team to resend the email so that I can respond to it at my earliest?

Thank you!

Regards,

Marium

Hi Marium,

I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and kindly expect an update with your ticket on this page or keep an eye on your email for further instructions. You can definitely coordinate with the team once you received the notification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e06b179e
Community Member

experiencing same thing and on top of that my customer service button is gone!

Hi Jeffrey,

We're aware of the issue you raised and are taking it seriously. We’ve escalated your post to a support ticket where one of our agents can assist you further. Please don't hesitate to access your ticket and coordinate with the team here to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
naya11
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue. May I get some help, Upwork?

Hi Nnenna,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ab3aeb75963b802e
Community Member

I have the same issue. I've not used my account in a long time. I have filled out all questions and event upgraded my account and the APPLY BUTTON IS STILL GREYED OUT. This is super frustrating, please help.

Hi Gylon,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked your account and it looks like you have a client account, not a freelancer one. Are you referring to another account?

~ AJ
Upwork
d3e5ccb5
Community Member

My Button is also greyed 

b117106f
Community Member

I am facing the same problem, my apply now button is greyed out.

I have 56 connects left and still can't apply for any job.

Can you help me?

Hi Chirag, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you need to verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. You can get started on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths