🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Apply or no apply to a job posted by client w...
Page options
vkim002
Community Member

Apply or no apply to a job posted by client with many jobs posted but zero hiring rate

Hello,

I recently joined Upwork as a freelancer and tried to search some jobs that fit my expertise. There are not many jobs posted daily for my niche (Ruby on Rails) so it was fairly easy to check every single job in a very thorough way.

I noticed some jobs show that the client has, let's say, posted 5 jobs in the past, and has 0% of hiring history.

My question is should I care about this kind of jobs and place bid on them? I don't want to waste my connects because I know they are not free.

Thanks in advance,

Vin

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9b660019
Community Member

It is risker if the client consistently posts jobs without hiring anyone, but that doesn't mean they won't break that pattern with their next posted job. The numbers are there so you can weigh that risk for yourself before choosing to apply.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
9b660019
Community Member

It is risker if the client consistently posts jobs without hiring anyone, but that doesn't mean they won't break that pattern with their next posted job. The numbers are there so you can weigh that risk for yourself before choosing to apply.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths