🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Applying to Jobs with invites
Page options
d06774a6
Community Member

Applying to Jobs with invites

I've been thinking if is it really worth it to send proposal to a job that has already invited someone. I am new here at UpWork so maybe other more experienced freelancers could help me with that. Is it a turn down that a job you are interested in has already some invites? I think the client prefers some other people over me and that always is a turn down for me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9b660019
Community Member

Clients have the option of making a posting invitation-only. Not all clients will do so, but if a client makes the posting public it likely means they are open to considering quality proposals.

I wouldn't pass over a posting that otherwise looks good just because a client has invited someone to interview. It could be one or more freelancers they've worked with in the past who end up not having the time (or specific skills) for this new opportunity.

Apply smartly, send well-written proposals, and be persistent.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
9b660019
Community Member

Clients have the option of making a posting invitation-only. Not all clients will do so, but if a client makes the posting public it likely means they are open to considering quality proposals.

I wouldn't pass over a posting that otherwise looks good just because a client has invited someone to interview. It could be one or more freelancers they've worked with in the past who end up not having the time (or specific skills) for this new opportunity.

Apply smartly, send well-written proposals, and be persistent.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Andres A wrote:

I've been thinking if is it really worth it to send proposal to a job that has already invited someone. I am new here at UpWork so maybe other more experienced freelancers could help me with that. Is it a turn down that a job you are interested in has already some invites? I think the client prefers some other people over me and that always is a turn down for me.

As a client I will send out some invites when I post my job, but I'm open to people I didn't invite. Often I just did a quick cursory search and invited a few to try and get some proposals in quickly. I don't have to pick the person I invited. Maybe they just showed up first in the search results this time around...so as long as it's not flooded with proposals, I would say go for it. And even sometimes if it is flooded with proposals, try anyways, if you really feel it's a good fit. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members