cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying to jobs with 50++ proposals?

Lex D Member Since: Aug 16, 2017
11 of 45

@jennifer M - I would invite you to my channel to decide for yourself if what I have to say is worth listening to or is random poop rehashed advice.  Just look up **Edited for Community Guidelines**

@Tonya P - Doubting a strategy will work doesn't change the results for people who apply the strategy. I doubt I can change anyone's mind, so I don't try to. I just share what has worked for me and people can take it or leave it.

@Rene K - It's kind of jumping the gun to call someone a scammer based on a forum post that doesn't share the whole story. There are thousands of people between YouTube, Udemy and TheFastlaneForum that have not only found my experience helpful, but have publicly left their thanks for it. I try to share the best information I can based on things that have worked for me, and help people overcome limiting beliefs that tend to hold them back and that doesn't make me a scammer even if others don't share my opinions or experiences.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 45

Lex D wrote:

@jennifer M - I would invite you to my channel to decide for yourself if what I have to say is worth listening to or is random poop rehashed advice.  Just look up **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

@Tonya P - Doubting a strategy will work doesn't change the results for people who apply the strategy. I doubt I can change anyone's mind, so I don't try to. I just share what has worked for me and people can take it or leave it.

@Rene K - It's kind of jumping the gun to call someone a scammer based on a forum post that doesn't share the whole story. There are thousands of people between YouTube, Udemy and TheFastlaneForum that have not only found my experience helpful, but have publicly left their thanks for it. I try to share the best information I can based on things that have worked for me, and help people overcome limiting beliefs that tend to hold them back and that doesn't make me a scammer even if others don't share my opinions or experiences.

lmao is this the guy who told you? This guy also had his account suspended after he deleted it and made another one and bragged about it in his videos. He doesn't know what he's talking about either. This guy should be ignored like the other lame "coaches" out there.

13 of 45

Believe what you want, but that isn't what happened.

You've misrepresented the situation and did so based on not having the full story but on your personal beliefs and group think from reddit. It also seems you didn't bother reading my other post.

It's hard to listen to those who can't even be bothered to look at information to decide for themselves if it is useful or not. I didn't brag about my videos. Only referenced them as evidence that people seem to like what I have to say. That's also why I have the highest rated Udemy freelance courses.

People should decide for themselves if they should listen to me or ignore me. However, I would note that I'm not the one sporting the title, "Community Guru" and calling others "lame" which is another form of ad hominem attack.

It's also ironic that we both give away free freelance information, yet you reference me as a coach and don't put yourself in that category. It seems you have some belief that teaching based on experience for free and then offering more at cost to leverage your knowledge is somehow unethical.

Personally, I don't care if people follow me or not. I share information based on my experiences. That's all I can do. If people get results from that or agree with that, then great. If not, oh well. But I don't understand the need to personally attack someone rather than forming a constructive criticism or useful argument. 

Community Guru
14 of 45

Lex D wrote:

Believe what you want, but that isn't what happened.

lol you coaches are so funny. So cute and adorable. You gonna take that video down or just pretend like you weren't wrong and let other freelancers think it's ok to delete an account and create a new one?

15 of 45

No, I won't take that video down. My account is live and well because I already had permission from Upwork prior to deleting my account. That is why my current account exists. You wouldn't know this because you are making assumptions without all of the information.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 45

Lex D wrote:

People should decide for themselves if they should listen to me or ignore me.

Sorry, your "one of many" profile(s) says it all. Loud and clear.

17 of 45

Yes, that says it all if you only go based on your personal beliefs.

It's always so easy to go with the flow. To join the crowd. To jump in on bashing someone.

It's harder to stand up for your own experiences and what has worked for you.

Community Guru
22 of 45

Tanya, that'll prolly get deleted but these coaches including this sweaty always prey on noobs and this guy is a noob himself. He has private contact details in his profile too, and that's another noob mistake that will get his profile flagged.

You are correct that I think being noob and trying to conserve connects is important so 50+ proposals puts you at a disadvantage. If you have connects to throw away and you're making Upwork money, then by all means throw a bid out there, but I agree it's not a good idea for noobs.

Proposals are ordered by recommended, so when it comes to something like this, if you aren't in the top 10-20 proposals (and 99% of proposals are trash) you aren't likely to get seen. You are right that when you are new, you need to be more picky. If you're already making money, you probably have connects to spare so why not roll the dice.

Tanya H Member Since: Jul 5, 2012
22 of 45

Jennifer M wrote:

Tanya, that'll prolly get deleted but these coaches including this sweaty always prey on noobs and this guy is a noob himself. He has private contact details in his profile too, and that's another noob mistake that will get his profile flagged.

You are correct that I think being noob and trying to conserve connects is important so 50+ proposals puts you at a disadvantage. If you have connects to throw away and you're making Upwork money, then by all means throw a bid out there, but I agree it's not a good idea for noobs.

Proposals are ordered by recommended, so when it comes to something like this, if you aren't in the top 10-20 proposals (and 99% of proposals are trash) you aren't likely to get seen. You are right that when you are new, you need to be more picky. If you're already making money, you probably have connects to spare so why not roll the dice.

Exactly lol. My comments still there but muted so others cannot see them. I did not know that was possible on youtube. 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
22 of 45

Tanya H wrote:

Exactly. Sigh it's a shame that we cannot post images here.

If you don't quote the message you're answering to, it makes it difficult to follow the conversation.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS