🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Applying to jobs with 50++ proposals?
Page options
bussw83
Community Member

Applying to jobs with 50++ proposals?

I have a debate going on with a person teaching how to be successful on Upwork (this person has no experience as a freelancer just as a "client" allegedly) He is advising rookies to apply to jobs with 50+ proposals. I told him that is better to avoid jobs with more than 20 proposals especially if you are a new freelancer.

I feel that is a waste of connects, especially now that we will be charged. What do you all think? 

44 REPLIES 44

@ Lex D ...**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Has it ever occurred to you that you are 100% incorrect?  Or is intentionally offering incorrect advice a tactic you use in the hopes of narrowing down the competitors in your playing field?

Tanya and others - I've never read such rubbish advice - on any platform - as this dude is spewing.  If ever in doubt, the forums are designed to ask questions; just check the profiles of those who respond to make sure they are actually qualified to give advice.

Sorry about my rant but I loathe and detest stupidity ... esp. when it is spoon fed to others as a cure all.

Wendy C wrote:

@ Lex D ... when you have earned even half of what many responders have - ONLY THEN can you be so flipping pedantic and grossly offensive in the advice you dish out. 

Has it ever occurred to you that you are 100% incorrect?  Or is intentionally offering incorrect advice a tactic you use in the hopes of narrowing down the competitors in your playing field?

Tanya and others - I've never read such rubbish advice - on any platform - as this dude is spewing.  If ever in doubt, the forums are designed to ask questions; just check the profiles of those who respond to make sure they are actually qualified to give advice.

Sorry about my rant but I loathe and detest stupidity ... esp. when it is spoon fed to others as a cure all.

I suspect that his language is intended to effect the results promised by NLP. He has just executed the strategy very poorly. 

Tonya - I'm on floor laughing ... and loving it!!!!

bussw83
Community Member

I suspect that his language is intended to effect the results promised by NLP. He has just executed the strategy very poorly. 

Plus poor dialectic tricks lol

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

A few posts have been removed or edited on this thread for Community Guidelines and the thread has been closed from further replies.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths