cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appreciate odesk's recent approach to change hour rate.

Md Jahirul I Member Since: Sep 12, 2012
1 of 26
Thanks to odesk for their recent approach of changing the hour rate. There is no doubt that oDesk is one of the best online marketplace. So I think it's necessary to make this type of changes as soon as possible. I prefer the minimum rate should be at least $1 for the fresh candidate who hasn't got any job yet. And from the 2nd job the minimum rate should $2/$3. $3 will be much better if oDesk consider it.
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
2 of 26
I don't think that that's how it works. My understanding is that the minimum is not set globally but that client can set it. Great either way!
nitin c Member Since: Oct 17, 2010
3 of 26
I Appreciate odesk's recent approach to change hour rate but it will be minimum 2$/hr so that every one work on odesk not the person who already have a 2/3 thousand hrs.... So please odesk change it to minimum $2/hr...
Bayazid B Member Since: Feb 12, 2010
4 of 26
I think based on the category of job the Odesk can change or fix the minimum hourly rate. How can it possible within $1 to work ? Yes, $3 is the perfect minimum rate to start any job & I also suggest & request to Odesk about the mentioned rate to fix for all. Thanks Bayazid Bostami
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
5 of 26
Hi everyone, We are constantly testing different levers to increase the efficiency of the oDesk marketplace to ensure clients are finding the freelancers they need and freelancers are getting the jobs that they are best suited for. We have several tests running to understand what impact a minimum wage would have on the marketplace. As this is a complex area, we expect to run these tests in the marketplace for a significant time period. However we are not currently implementing a universal minimum wage. Hope this helps!
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
6 of 26
How about testing stuff on a group of >volunteers< instead of **** people's livings with no warning? *[Removed by Admin]
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
7 of 26
I thought you left this place for dead!!! LOL
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
8 of 26
I agree. Darren is always right Smiley Happy
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
9 of 26
Robin Y Member Since: May 14, 2013
10 of 26
I loved this idea of minimum rate, as this will help all freelancers to earn better and maintain a healthy environment. Go ahead odesk, would love to see $4 as minimum rate.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS