cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved by Upwork

Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
1 of 20

If the client do not approve a milestone and after two weeks Upwork approves the milestone. If that happens will that be a negative point for any freelancer?

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
2 of 20

Sorry, could I just attach a related question to this?

Someone hired me without stating in the job post that the freelancer needed to be an expert in Islam. Since it was his fault, he never ended the contract, as it would result in impacting upon my job success. Nor, for the same reason, can I issue a refund. Since he's never asked for the money back, and I can neither claim or refund it, what will happen, will it remain in escrow indefinitely?

Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
3 of 20

If the milestone was created it would re released after two weeks of your submission. It would be automatically released by Upwork.

Community Guru
4 of 20

That's the point though, nothing has been, or will ever be, submitted.

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
5 of 20

Probably the money will stay there until someone closes the contract. When one of you closes the contract you will be asked to approve a refund (release) from Escrow to the client. And of course take a hit on the JS depending on the reason for closure and the private feedback.

This is another reason why they should allow misunderstandings to be closed without any negative effect on the freelancer.

Community Guru
6 of 20

I shall leave it there for ever then. Even after my death it can remain as a testament to the client's folly; forever existing merely as a small collection of code in cyberspace Robot Mad

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
7 of 20

Or you can just agree to close the contract Smiley Very Happy Whatever works for you.  I would be annoyed to see that contract all the time, but that’s just me.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
8 of 20

@ Ramon,

When the client cancels/closes the contract you have no control over the matter, so it will affect your JS score negatively. It is the tough reality. I got hired for a data entry job under the guise of data analysis/conversion. When I refused since that is not my skill set of course the job was closed and I will reap the rewards come month end.

This is the nature of the platform.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
9 of 20

No, he is aware of his foolish and irresponsible behaviour, and has kept the contact open to avoid losing further face.

(Or forgotten all about it/left Upwork/been eaten by a shark)

Ace Contributor
Ehsan K Member Since: May 22, 2015
10 of 20

Ramon B. wrote:

"I shall leave it there for ever then. Even after my death it can remain as a testament to the client's folly; forever existing merely as a small collection of code in cyberspace Robot Mad"

Spoken like a true poet:-)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS