🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Archived Proposals - Thread
Page options
azaanism
Community Member

Archived Proposals - Thread

Screenshot_77.jpg

I was reading the topic "My proposals are archived!" and found Dan's Question. The problem there is not a valuable response to this question. I mean there was no answer that we can take as a solution to this question.

Dan asked for clarification about the archiving proposal as he said If he doesn't want to archive them then Upwork why did so. He said he suddenly saw this and almost shocked that all the best freelancers were in the archive list and he was doing interviews with the newcomers/unprofessional ones.

I got a Top Rated Badge a few days ago and one of the benefits was to have quick access to support but I have opened a ticket 3-4 days ago and still, my problem is not solved. Although it is a different issue I am facing this problem too (archived proposals). When I noticed after getting Top-Rated badge I am not getting any response from the submitted proposal but my proposals are getting archived. Then I searched this topic on the community and fount Dan's thread. 

It means Upwork first suggests our profiles to clients but when we apply on them Upwork archives our proposals and shows non-professional profiles/proposals to clients.

Here is a client's prospective:

Screenshot_79.jpg

Screenshot_78.jpg

According to Bojan, clients can unarchive the proposals too. What if the client doesn't know about it or if he/she using a mobile device. What about our connects? We buy them, bro!!

Petra: 

"If a client has not archived a bunch of proposals, why are they archived? By whom? Based on what?

This is a serious matter and freelancers and clients alike deserve an answer to the question if, and why,  and how Upwork would hide proposals in an archived folder.

The question was not whether a client can un-archive them, the question was why proposals are hidden in the first place, and by whom and based on what, exactly.

Some people pay for connects. If nobody else they deserve to know how and why their Proposals wind up in an archived folder."

I and obviously a lot of freelancers want to know about this. Thanks

~ Azaan
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Azaan A wrote:

. When I noticed after getting Top-Rated badge I am not getting any response from the submitted proposal but my proposals are getting archived.

You are confusing two different things. You dug up an ancient thread. What is discussed in that thread no longer happens.

You end up with proposals in your "archived proposal" tab simply because the client rejected your proposal, the job post expired or Upwork took the job post down. 

That's it. 

It has absolutely nothing to do with the "archived proposals" list on the client's side.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Azaan A wrote:

. When I noticed after getting Top-Rated badge I am not getting any response from the submitted proposal but my proposals are getting archived.

You are confusing two different things. You dug up an ancient thread. What is discussed in that thread no longer happens.

You end up with proposals in your "archived proposal" tab simply because the client rejected your proposal, the job post expired or Upwork took the job post down. 

That's it. 

It has absolutely nothing to do with the "archived proposals" list on the client's side.

Petra,

After signing u pwith upwork just a few days back, I have sent out 3-4 proposals. What im not getting it, neither the Connects get deducted nor do my proposals show up in Archived or Submitted Proposals.

It shows "0", there. 

Even the two proposals I submitted today are with maximum connects and have had me in top place for over 6 hours and shows that the client last checked invited several times during that time. 

Condusing. Please help. 

Best

Hi Agha,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I have checked your account and I can confirm that there's no restriction so this should not be the case. You should normally be able to send proposals.

Can you please confirm if you're having an error when trying to submit a proposal? If so, it would be helpful if you can provide a screenshot of what you can see from your end so that we can take a closer look and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
shah_zinat
Community Member

My proposal has been archived, but didn’t get connects back, what’s wrong?

Amjad a wrote:

My proposal has been archived, but didn’t get connects back, what’s wrong?

Nothing.

You dont get connects back unless the client proactively cancelled the ob post without hiring anyone, or Upwork removed the job post for policy violations.

If someone else was hired, the client rejected your proposal, or the job post expired, you do not get them back. 

thanks
moses-oyedepo
Community Member

Hi Azaan,

Please, help me run a check on my account. all my active proposals and submitted proposals were withdraw by upwork due to log in problem I encountered lately

Hi Moses, 

It looks like the team assisted you already with your concern earlier and you can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
df7dc7f7
Community Member

i have sent several proposals. But i saw today that all my proposals are archived. what the reason behind?

Hi Amna,

Thank you for your message. If the client decides to cancel the job or Upwork closes it for violating the terms of service, your proposal will be moved to the Archived section. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths