🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Archived room
Page options
kilonzi-beatrice
Community Member

Archived room

see screen shot . This client contacted me in the morning for interview....after sometime he went silent...upon checking in this evening I found out that I cannot send messages. wondering what's going on. Is the system working well?

**Edited for community guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
jr-translation
Community Member

Well, you should not tell a client to take his time and then follow up 40 minutes later. There is also no need to tell the client what else you are doing. But that is just my personal opinion.

Did you send him work without a contract in place? Consider this a lesson. Never work without a contract in place. The good news are that he cannot use your work, since he has not paid you. In case you find it online just file a DMCA.

Did he ask you for free work? If so, flag that message and report him.

BTW, never share client details in this forum.

Advice taken

colettelewis
Community Member

Beatrice, 

Usually when a client archives a proposal, it means he/she is not interested in your bid. However, the fact that you sent samples and the client said they were checking them, I would track those samples and make sure the client, who did not hire you, has not used them. 

This will be helpful. his first message he said he was impressed then I wondered why he archived chat later. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths