Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving active applications & Privacy settings

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
1 of 9

Hi,

Does anyone know what happens if I archive an active application? Sometimes clients contact me for an interview, they disappear and I see that irritating line saying I have one active candidacy (which I know is no longer active). Would I be informed if the client decides to appear after some time and give me the job?

And my second question - What happens if my profile is set to private (visible only for UpWork users)? It says something like put your profile to public so clients can find you, but my profile is not private, it just restricted to those who are on UpWork.

Farhan S Member Since: Jul 12, 2015
2 of 9

Hi, 

Archive mean putting something into store. So, whenever there is a need of that thing, you can get that thing from your store. This also applies here. When you archive an application, your client can contact with you anytime. Because application is not canelled or deleted it is simply archived.

Thanks.

Community Guru
3 of 9

Farhan,

Thank you for your reply. I understand what the term “archiving” means but I am not sure how it works on this platform. I wanted to know whether I will receive a notification that the application is re-activated.  

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
4 of 9
Just realizing that this question did not get any attention from any of the Mods. Would love to have an official response. It is a useful question.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
5 of 9

Hi Aleksandra,

I checked with the team and was told that you will not receive notification on archived job applications.

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
6 of 9

Hi Lena,

Thank you for your explanation. It is good to know.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 9

Hi Aleksandra and others,

We will be checking about this with the team and get back to you once we have an answer.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
8 of 9
Thank you Valeria.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Barry W Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
9 of 9

This is a related question.  I am developing a long list of 'active applications' some of which are now over 1 month old.  I'm pretty sure they will not receive a response since the potential client in some cases has not even interviewed any applicants.  I would like to archive such applications but not if that blocks the possibility that the client might suddenly reappear and take his job seriously.  

I would like to keep a short list of those applications that are really live without losing those who might come back from the dead.  How can I do this?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS