🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Are These Fake Jobs Being Posted!?!?
Page options
modernwriter2000
Community Member

Are These Fake Jobs Being Posted!?!?

I've seen dozens like this today. Is Upwork having these listed since they've slowed down? Smiley Mad There is no way these are all legit. They are too similar. I hope people don't waste their connects! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hey everyone,

We apologize for the delay. We did review the jobs discussed on this thread and found that they were actually created as part of an outside course by a client teaching other clients how to use Upwork. They were posted as a "test job" and we have contacted the course hosts and notified them that this behavior constitutes spam and is a violation of our Terms of Service. The jobs have been taken down, however, we ran into issues with Connects being refunded for them. We have been working on a solution and will make sure the Connects are refunded by end of this week.

I'd also like to reiterate that Upwork team doesn't post jobs on the marketplace without an intention to hire.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

82 REPLIES 82

Hey Upwork. Can we close this thread, please? I'd delete it but didn't find that option. 

Hi Heather,

I'll go ahead and close this thread from further replies as you requested. I will, however, come back to update it regarding Connects refunds later. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to circle back and confirm that all freelancers who applied to these jobs have been sent an email and issued Connects refunds.

Thank you for your patience as we were getting this resolved. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members