cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are clients notified when bids are submitted?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Cathy C Member Since: Apr 17, 2016
1 of 5

A job has been posted for several days and the client has not looked for several days.  It seems that it would only make sense to submit a bid if the client knows that there is a new bid to look at.  So, are they alerted or can they ask to be alerted?  

To be clear, I am not asking if I can alert them.  

Highlighted
Javeria M Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
2 of 5

When you submit your proposal on any job Upwork send a notification to the client both on Upwork and on client registered an email address.

Sometimes client posts a job and doesn't care to check it back, mostly in the case of new register client, in other case may be client lose his interest in the job posting.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
3 of 5

Yes, clients are notified both via email and via notifications on Upwork. There's lots of reasons they might not look at the bids quickly, though - they might be busy, they might have changed their mind, they might have hired somewhere else, etc.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 5

I've had people come back to me 3 months later. Granted, the one job I'm thinking of I decided to pass on because he wanted to negotiate by $30 on a $250 bid. Took it as a sign $30 was a lot to him and probably would be too much of a hassle to get paid.

I've had a few good jobs come around after a month though. I'd say a good expectation is 2-4 weeks to hear from people who are busy. Some people do get back to you quickly though.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Cathy C Member Since: Apr 17, 2016
5 of 5

Thank you for the helpful information.  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS