🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Are the bonus payments part of the contract t...
Page options
d_vukadinovski
Community Member

Are the bonus payments part of the contract total sum?

Hi

My client sent me bonus payment instead of me putting the hours for hourly payment. Other than the bonus payment there is no other payment on the contract.

My question is, when the contract ends, does the bonus payment add to the contract payment and showed in my profile, or the contract will be closed as if there is no payment and not showed on my profile?

And I want to know in both cases how it will affect my Job Success.

Thanks in advance.

Darko

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Are the bonus payments part of the contract total sum?"

Yes.

re: "My client sent me bonus payment instead of me putting the hours for hourly payment. Other than the bonus payment there is no other payment on the contract."

It sounds like you messed up and the client is trying to help you out.

Normally the client would not need to pay a bonus because the freelancer records his time properly.

re: "My question is, when the contract ends, does the bonus payment add to the contract payment and showed in my profile?"

Yes.

re: "or the contract will be closed as if there is no payment and not showed on my profile?"

No. That's now how it works.

You got paid SOMETHING. That is what counts.

re: "And I want to know in both cases how it will affect my Job Success."

Your JSS will be fine.

As long as this is not a zero-pay contract, that is what counts.

Bonus OR hourly pay counts the same.

Your client could easily have NOT paid you anything. But he was a good, honest person and he used the OPTIONAL "Pay Bonus" tool to make sure you got paid.

The only downside from your failure to record time properly is that you did not receive any "hours" added to your profile. But that's just a number, not money.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Are the bonus payments part of the contract total sum?"

Yes.

re: "My client sent me bonus payment instead of me putting the hours for hourly payment. Other than the bonus payment there is no other payment on the contract."

It sounds like you messed up and the client is trying to help you out.

Normally the client would not need to pay a bonus because the freelancer records his time properly.

re: "My question is, when the contract ends, does the bonus payment add to the contract payment and showed in my profile?"

Yes.

re: "or the contract will be closed as if there is no payment and not showed on my profile?"

No. That's now how it works.

You got paid SOMETHING. That is what counts.

re: "And I want to know in both cases how it will affect my Job Success."

Your JSS will be fine.

As long as this is not a zero-pay contract, that is what counts.

Bonus OR hourly pay counts the same.

Your client could easily have NOT paid you anything. But he was a good, honest person and he used the OPTIONAL "Pay Bonus" tool to make sure you got paid.

The only downside from your failure to record time properly is that you did not receive any "hours" added to your profile. But that's just a number, not money.

Hi Preston

Thanks for your time to explain to me these situations.

I was confused because on the contract I do not see anywhere about the bonus payment, but I see the bonus payment in the "Reports Home Page".

Thanks again and have a nice day 🙂

Did your bonus ever show up? I had a similar situation (due to me consulting the client in a better direction I was paid a bonus with zero work hours) and all though the reports show a bonus sent. My balance reflects zero on the closed out contract. 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Lonnie L wrote:

Did your bonus ever show up? I had a similar situation (due to me consulting the client in a better direction I was paid a bonus with zero work hours) 

Look at your Reports Page. The bonus should be under "Pending" and the date it will be available to withdraw should show on the left hand column.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members