🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Are the specialized profiles searchable for c...
Page options
joannagie
Community Member

Are the specialized profiles searchable for clients?

Hi everyone, 

My first topic here. 🙂 

I have a quick question since I can't find a clear answer anywhere. 

Are the specialized profiles searchable for clients or if they look for someone to invite to the project they see only the general one?

Thanks in advance for your support. 🙂

Joanna

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your question, Joanne.

The Specialized profiles you create will be visible when you or a client clicks into your existing general profile. Specialized profiles will also be shown when you show up in relevant search results. When a client uses the search function to search for freelancers we will show them your most relevant profile. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your question, Joanne.

The Specialized profiles you create will be visible when you or a client clicks into your existing general profile. Specialized profiles will also be shown when you show up in relevant search results. When a client uses the search function to search for freelancers we will show them your most relevant profile. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
joannagie
Community Member

Thank you so much for explaining that, Bojan! 🙂

I do not agree here. 

I have 3 profiles 

General, Google Ads and Content Writing.
With way different rates of 70, 70 and 15

I tried to search for content related terms and found my general profile showing my insanely high rate (as for copywriting) 

How can I deal with this?

Hi Ihor,

I checked your profiles and see you're using specialized profiles in a somewhat different way than designed. Please note that specialized profiles should have a unique title, overview and feature information and samples related to the specific specialty, not mirror the info on your general profile. Also, specialized profiles are designed to showcase the skills and experience the individual freelancer is offering on their individual, freelancer profile. Mentioning the agency you're associated with is fine but advertising the services offered via the agency and the agency directly is not. Please update your second specialized profile in order to bring it in line with our profile policies. You can find more information and advice in the following Help articles and resources: here, here and here. Feel free to follow up if you have any questions or need further guidance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Community Member

Hello Vladimir, 

Could you kindly check my account and see if I used the specialized profile correctly? 

Regards

Ini Daniel

Hi Ini,

I can see that you've already set up a Specialized Profile. Is there anything you need assistance with?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
450262f5
Community Member

Dear Freelancers Community,

I have a question related to the same topic.
Do the specialized profiles description count for the search results?
For example: If a client searches for a service, which I haven't used in my general profile. The keywords related to the searched terms are used in my specialized profile then Will my specialized profile be counted or not?

&

One more question regarding the Rising talent badge;

How often should we submit proposals to attain that.

I haven't submitted any since 1 week but I am online daily. Will it affect my eligibility?

Regards,

Sumit

Hi Sumit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, specialized profiles will help increase your profile views because when clients filter their search results by specific skills, freelancers who have relevant specialized profiles will appear.

As for the Rising Talent badge, while I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know. 

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members