cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any advantages to using the oDesk messaging system?

Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
1 of 3
Previously, I got the impression that Support takes messages on the oDesk system more seriously than emails, Skype messages, etc. However, I recently saw a thread on the forum (I can't find it now) that seems to imply that this is not the case. Most of my clients do not use oDesk's messaging system. Is there any disadvantage to using other means of communciation?
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3
Thank you for raising this question, Marcia. Although communications via Skype, email, phone are not against oDesk Policies, we do encourage the users to communicate or at least document main conditions and agreements in oDesk Message Center where they can be accessed and reviewed by our Team. Otherwise, Customer Support might request a screenshot of a Skype conversation or an email in case they need to review it to assist with resolving a dispute or disagreement.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
3 of 3

Hi Valeria,

My client sent me some important information by replying to an oDesk message from with his email account. I never received it.

I also sent a few replies from within my email account to oDesk, but my other client didn't receive those either.

These messages were marked 'you can reply to this message by email'.

In the end, I had to log into my oDesk account to send the messages. It kinda defeats the whole purpose.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS