cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any real people working at Odesk, or is it entirely automated?

Highlighted
Marcia G Member Since: Aug 16, 2011
1 of 8
I have been having a terrible problem with Odesk. It started when they initiated a review of my account for no reason. The form letter they sent listed several possible reasons, none of which applied to me. Anyway, I followed their instructions for finalizing the review. They refused, instead sending me another form letter saying I had not followed their instructions. We've been going back and forth with me saying I followed their instructions and them responding with the same form letter. In the meantime, I'm not allowed to bid on projects. I have contacted customer service about this five times. Each time, they send me an auto response, take absolutely no action, mark the support ticket "closed" or "solved," then send me a questionnaire asking how they did. I have also sent numerous messages to account review desk over the past 17 days, and get nothing in return except form letters and auto responses. Has Odesk become completely automated with no living person working there? Is customer service defunct? Does anybody have any ideas or been through a similar problem with them.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
2 of 8
I've had nothing but technical issues with my profile, multiple things going on. Hours up and down, feedback changing without jobs closing, etc, etc. The latest excuse I was given about the 6 month feedback area was, because I have ongoing contracts that are earning money, my 6 month feedback is automatically going to change, which makes no sense. It should go up not down. It was a 4.91 and dropped to match my overall feedback score for no reason at all. Ultimately, this is like saying: "No matter what you do, your feedback will always remain the same". Everything here is going to ** rather quickly, if you ask me Smiley Sad *Removed by admin
Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
3 of 8
I have a deadline for a project and been experiencing technical issues as well. I asked them to inform my client about their issues so I don't get blamed for it but they said I'm on my own. Talk about sabotage. This is a money back contract so of course I'm worried. This is the 2nd contract they have sabotaged this month by their refusal to inform clients about their technical issues so I'm worrying that clients may think freelancers are just making things up. I don't feel there is a 'support' team anymore and there is no safety in the trust and safety team...not sure if they can be trusted either since they don't seem to be human, just some mad algorithm on the loose.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
4 of 8
post on their facebook and twitter. The guys who were very vocal about being reviewed got their problems fixed after they started talking here, on the fb page and twitter. I messaged one of them but he won't say anything specific about how his issue got resolved, all he said is its okay now and a smiley face. Btw, they might revoke your forum access after this (see what happened to other freelancers who posted here about being reviewed) but they cannot prevent you from posting at fb. Just make sure to post the facts only and be polite so someone who is not a robot will see it and resolve your issue.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 8
Deleted because it is moot...
Highlighted
6 of 8
I finally got a response from a real person who said she would look into it. She also said I needed to respond to her message, but when I did I got the same old auto response in return. I just realized that after my two week waiting period was over, even though they insist that it isn't, they started sending me job recommendation e-mails again. So maybe they ended their review and just aren't telling me. Very strange.
Highlighted
7 of 8
The problem has been resolved. It took three weeks and a threat to write to their snail mail address, but I'm back in the saddle again.
Highlighted
Rafal P Member Since: Sep 10, 2013
8 of 8
Hi Marcia, Could you help me out? I am running an agency on Odesk and a couple of my freelancers got the same problem. I tried contacting support and using their fb/twitter page. Could you tell me how did you manage to resolve the issue?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS