🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Are there terms and conditions over putting t...
Page options
vigus
Community Member

Are there terms and conditions over putting the link to official website on upwork profile page?

I need to know, if there are terms and conditions if I put my official website link on upwork's profile page. Like what sort of domain it must be. Or what content it displays. Or ther should not be any competitor website name on that website, or no contact details should be displayed there..etc? 

Vishwas 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

You cannot put anything that a client could use to contact you directly, bypassing Upwork.  So if people can contact you through your website, you cannot add it to your profile.

Thanks for the reply Mary.
Do you have any link to TOC or it's section that mentions this specifically? Because other websites do mention it clearly.  However in case of upwork, I never seen messages prohibiting it. But it does warn that sharing direct contacts can allow clients to bother directly. So better to make use of upwork's internal messaging and voice/video system to make contacts. And that's what confuses me, about what exactly the terms and conditions are.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members