cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are they potential clients or collecting CV's?

Atif Z Member Since: May 17, 2017
1 of 26

There are few So called Clients who are posting a new job every new day, and not even hiring against those jobs, Where as Freelancers apply on those jobs, 

What I mean to say is that Freelancers must feel secure while applying on any job. 
Don't you think, there should be a policy for the clients that the job they are posting is really legitimate/potential as the Freelancers will be using their purchased connects.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you

Ace Contributor
Ahmed E Member Since: Nov 15, 2018
2 of 26

i agree they may put small jobs that every one can do so they collect 50+ proposals and no interview or hiring 

we need law that make restrict the client with number of jobs with no hiring 

Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
3 of 26

It's not advised to send your CV when applying.

Your Upwork profile suffices.

You can even read that somewhere on the Upwork interface when applying, something in these lines 'No need to send your CV; your profile is automatically forwarded to the client with your application".

4 of 26
CV = proposal
Everybody knows we shouldn't send CV but a proposal and portfolio on Upwork.

Common sense it is
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
5 of 26

Atif Z wrote:
CV = proposal
Everybody knows we shouldn't send CV but a proposal and portfolio on Upwork.

Common sense it is

Really? I didn't know you know.

I'm not a witch who reads minds, I only read the words you wrote.

Thanks!

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
6 of 26

For what purpose would they be collection your CV?

Atif Z wrote:

There are few So called Clients who are posting a new job every new day, and not even hiring against those jobs, Where as Freelancers apply on those jobs, 

Not sure what you are saying, if you see some specific behavior that you feel is inappropriate then perhaps you should flag it.  

What I mean to say is that Freelancers must feel secure while applying on any job. 

Secure from what?  I don't understand.

Don't you think, there should be a policy for the clients that the job they are posting is really legitimate/potential as the Freelancers will be using their purchased connects.

How do you enforce this?  First you are assuming that they are illegitimate because they did not hire you or anyone else (but really you, let's be honest).  How would you enforce that it is a real job.  How do I know whatever you are about to say next won't force my next real client to go someplace else?

Clients don't hire for lots of reasons.  My suggestion is to stop caring.  Fire and forget.  I know that connects cost money and my suggestion is find a way to either earn more money per job to cover the costs of your connects or find someplace else to go.

7 of 26

**Edited for community guidelines**

Upwork community is a place of professionals and intellects. Respect them and get respected.

I love Upwork and that's the reason I raised a serious issue to get it highlighted by Upwork to help brainstorm and help create a better policy for the clients who post the jobs,

Let me put it this way, that the Client who is posting a job, Upwork intelligent systems should be able to calculate the percentage of how serious is this client in hiring against the posted job (based on previous statistics) and make this stat public to the applicants so that they could choose to apply

Respect is everything,
Thank you

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
8 of 26

Atif Z wrote:

**Edited for community guidelines** I asked questions about what you want Upwork to do, I want to understand why you care so that I can understand why I should care (because right now I don't care, but maybe I should).  I had really never worried about someone collecting my information through a proposal  as it is all available on my profile which is public. 

Let me put it this way, that the Client who is posting a job, Upwork intelligent systems should be able to calculate the percentage of how serious is this client in hiring against the posted job (based on previous statistics) and make this stat public to the applicants so that they could choose to apply

Respect is everything,
Thank you

I think you did some serious magic hand waving there.  Behind your wave would be a signficant committment in man hours to develop a feature that would probably not be worth trusting.  I think you would be way better off using your own judgment.

I have other features I would like Upwork to do way before this but I wouldn't care if they did, but I would ignore it and likely the people who don't would lose out on good projects.

I was engaging with you to understand what you want and to explain why I think you should not worry about it because it is never going to happen. You can choose to do whatever you want.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 26

Hi All,

A few posts have been edited or removed from this thread for Community Guidelines

Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
10 of 26

Atif Z wrote:

Upwork community is a place of professionals and intellects. Respect them and get respected.

I love Upwork and that's the reason I raised a serious issue to get it highlighted by Upwork to help brainstorm and help create a better policy for the clients who post the jobs,

Respect is everything,
Thank you

What are you talking about? The hiring rate exists already. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS