🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Are we able to promote ourselves now?
Page options
v_diane
Community Member

Are we able to promote ourselves now?

While searching for jobs, I kept seeing some posts from what seemed to be freelancers promoting themselves in the results. Some posts looked like a cover letter while some simply stated they were looking for a job. Is this a new feature/capability given to freelancers?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

No. Those are confused people that created a client account instead of a freelancer profile. 

The post a job as if they were a client, I even get invited many times by them. 

Since they are a client, they would have to pay the freelancer they hire, which is obviously not their intention. 

The best is to flag those and have them removed. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

No. Those are confused people that created a client account instead of a freelancer profile. 

The post a job as if they were a client, I even get invited many times by them. 

Since they are a client, they would have to pay the freelancer they hire, which is obviously not their intention. 

The best is to flag those and have them removed. 

v_diane
Community Member

Ah that's what I thought 😅 I flagged the first couple of posts I've seen as vague job descriptions but then I started seeing those cover-letter-like posts and I thought, hang on what's happening here 😆

Right! I see them all the time. It's especially fun to be invited by them .... 😉 They have a special flagging category now....

85927ab2
Community Member

Absolutely not. They are in a mistake or ignorance. We will definitely not apply for these job posts.

louissmithuk
Community Member

Yes I've seen, but they are just freelancers that have created client accounts. Don't worry upwork soon picks up on these and removes them 🙂

Louis S wrote:

Yes I've seen, but they are just freelancers that have created client accounts. Don't worry upwork soon picks up on these and removes them 🙂

No they don't. You have to flag them individually to get them removed. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths