🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Are we allowed to give an attribute, in our P...
Page options
934e5be2
Community Member

Are we allowed to give an attribute, in our Portfolio for the free elements used in an artwork?

hy everyone, my question is are we allowed to give an attribute, in our Portfolio for the free elements used in a created artwork? I have already searched in terms of services but unluckily i haven't found any stated policy by Upwork regarding this topic. 

best Regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Yes, you could mention this in the project description, but you should probably avoid any language that looks like you're promoting a particular website.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
williamtcooper
Community Member

Mir,

Could you please rephrase your question without using the word attribute because I don't understand the question. Thanks!

William,

The word attribute (or attribution) is central to Mir's question. If you don't understand it, you should look it up before posting. And if you don't understand the concept, maybe you could let someone with actual knowledge of the topic respond.

Sure William & thanks for replaying, I wanna post some designs in my portfolio in which I've used some free design elements in my artwork that are available free to use for anyone to use anywhere but it requires pasting the website's link in the description if you can, and if not then you have to mention there name in that particular design, that I'm using this element from there you know very similar to watermarking kind of stuff & I can get away without doing so but it's unethical so I was searching what Upwork's policy is regarding these matters, Thanks in advance.

Mir,

Thank you for explaining the specifics of your situation. I was able to locate the following:

"You are correct that if you want to use free design elements, it requires pasting the website’s link or mentioning their name in the description of your artwork. Doing so will ensure that you are abiding by Upwork’s policy regarding these matters."

Thanks!

So you still don't understand the question, and generated an incorrect response using Chat GPT? There's no need to watermark a free-to-use image; the originator already authorised its use. The correct thing to do is provide the URL in the project description, as I already told the OP. (And Upwork has no policy that requires him to do so; he was asking whether it's allowed or not.)

William T C wrote:

Mir,

Thank you for explaining the specifics of your situation. I was able to locate the following:

"You are correct that if you want to use free design elements, it requires pasting the website’s link or mentioning their name in the description of your artwork. This can be seen as watermarking and is an effective way of preventing unauthorized use. Doing so will ensure that you are abiding by Upwork’s policy regarding these matters." Thanks!

William, from my heart I tell you, you don't need to answer everyone, especially if you don't know the answer.
You should delete this particular one because it's wrong. It can create confusion.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Yes, you could mention this in the project description, but you should probably avoid any language that looks like you're promoting a particular website.

934e5be2
Community Member

Thank you so much, Catherine. I'll do as you've suggested.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members