cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Argentina - Payments to local bank account

Highlighted
Angelica D Member Since: Oct 11, 2018
1 of 12

Hi, I am from Argentina and trying to set up the payment method to my local bank account. The thing is that the Argentine bank (Santander Rio) instructs me to give Upwork the information/swift of the intermediary bank in the US (Wells Fargo) and then the one of Santander Rio. However, when I want to enter that information into the Upwork platform, it only allows me to enter the information of Santander Rio bank, and not the information of the intermediary bank. I am wondering if any of you is an Argentine freelancer getting paid through Santander Rio bank and if the info of that bank on its own (plus my account data) is sufficient for Upwork to make the payments correctly. I await your comments, thank you, Angélica

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
2 of 12

Hi Angelica, nice to see a compatriot here Smiley Happy

Disregard all that... You only need to set Santander Rio swift code which is BSCHARBA. Rest of information will be populated automatically when you enter that swift code. Then use your CBU as account number. That's it! You will be paid in pesos argentinos.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
3 of 12

Hi Angelica, 

In order for you to setup your Direct to Local Bank Transfer, you will only need to enter your local bank's SWIFT code. Please make sure to enter the correct swfit code in your payment method to be able to withdraw your earnings from Upwork. 

Your payment method will be active in three days once it has been setup.

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Jose Alberto G Member Since: Dec 6, 2016
4 of 12

Hello . I've just created a video with this information at : https://youtu.be/yWSJ24LpOo8

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Angelica D Member Since: Oct 11, 2018
5 of 12

Community Leader
Debora F Member Since: Nov 3, 2010
6 of 12

Hola

Upwork .----> Paypal ---> Nubi ---> Banco

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 12

Hi everyone, 

Gentle reminder to please use the English language when posting in the Community as it is a Community Guideline that needs to be followed. 

Thank you!

-Avery
Untitled
Community Leader
8 of 12

Angelica

Check private messages

Saludos

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 12

Peeps, this is really useful info for others in your country, so I suggest you add an English translation to your posts as they will otherwise be removed by the mods because non-English posts are not allowed, and that would be a shame because others can be helped by them and you would have wasted your time posting. Just click on "Edit Reply"

edit reply.jpg

I also noticed that I can read Spanish now (after years of learning Italian LOL)

Community Leader
10 of 12

Hello

José's answer is not updated to the situation today in Argentina. Up to 2015 we couldn´t receive dollars to a bank account but today is possible, in dollars or pesos.

There is no problem today to transfer dollars to a bank account also from Paypal, and the fee is more convenient than transfering it directly from Upwork, mostly if the amounts are not so high. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS