cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Argentina - Payments to local bank account

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 14

Peeps, this is really useful info for others in your country, so I suggest you add an English translation to your posts as they will otherwise be removed by the mods because non-English posts are not allowed, and that would be a shame because others can be helped by them and you would have wasted your time posting. Just click on "Edit Reply"

edit reply.jpg

I also noticed that I can read Spanish now (after years of learning Italian LOL)

Highlighted
Community Leader
Debora F Member Since: Nov 3, 2010
12 of 14

Hello

José's answer is not updated to the situation today in Argentina. Up to 2015 we couldn´t receive dollars to a bank account but today is possible, in dollars or pesos.

There is no problem today to transfer dollars to a bank account also from Paypal, and the fee is more convenient than transfering it directly from Upwork, mostly if the amounts are not so high. 

Highlighted
Matias C Member Since: Mar 6, 2019
13 of 14

Hello Angelica!

Were you able to resolve your problem with the bank account?

I am new at upwork and have my account in Santander Rio as well, but I don't know if I should put my bank account or make a paypall account, because of the fees that the bank could charge me. Have you received any payment in your bank account? Did they charge you with a fee because of being a foreign transfer or does it look like if it was a local transfer?

If you could reply to me you would help me a lot,

Thank you,

Matias. 

Highlighted
Angelica D Member Since: Oct 11, 2018
14 of 14
Hi Matias, I received one payment through Santander Rio directly, but unfortunately Upwork converts all payments to Pesos and the exchange rate is not competitive, on top of the bank's commissions. So if you need or want USD you will need to use your PayPal account and link it to a Nubi account to get the dollars, also for a commission. I believe the total cost is lower using PayPal and Nubi.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS