cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artstation Button or Website Button

warrenyir
Kirstyn W Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
1 of 5

I would like to link my portfolio to my profile, but there are only a set number of link options that don't fit me. Can we get an ArtStation button.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
2 of 5

@Kirstyn W wrote:

I would like to link my portfolio to my profile, but there are only a set number of link options that don't fit me. Can we get an ArtStation button.

If you mean putting a link to YOUR website on your UPWORK Profile, this is not allowed.  Said another way:

Links to 3rd party sites on your Upwork Profile (yours, your social media sites etc.) are a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

Reason: Most any site you want to link to your Upwork Profile will have directly (or indirectly) links to contact forms, mesage fields, or other functions that would allow perspective clients to contact you outside of Upwork, This in turn leads to clients paying you through other means then Upwork, which is even a BIGGER violation.

Upwork provides a lot of excellent resources to new freelancers like yourself. This is a great list of those resources, all in one place: Getting Started on Upwork

warrenyir
Kirstyn W Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
3 of 5

There is a Deviant Art button, and a Behance button. Just would like an ArtStation Button.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 5

Hi Kirstyn, 

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm not familiar with ArtStation, but upon checking the website, I can see that there is an option to communicate directly with the artist. As Pandora has shared, websites that have contact forms are not allowed on your profile. I would recommend that you share your ArtStation profile to your potential clients during the interview phase. 

~ Avery
Upwork
pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
5 of 5

@Kirstyn W wrote:

There is a Deviant Art button, and a Behance button. Just would like an ArtStation Button.

Those links do not show up on you profile. Upwork says they use them for internal reasons, but we have not seen actual proof of that.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS