🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: As a freelancer do I still get paid on ho...
Page options
ashley-cornett
Community Member

As a freelancer do I still get paid on hourly contract even when my Activity Level is low?

I'm a graphic desigenr and sometimes my work consists of developing hand drawn concept sketches off of my computer. When I do this I generally use Upwork's automatic time tracker and just make the memo something like "Drawing concept sketches on my iPad Pro" and I punch in/punch out like normal. However, since i'm not technically using my desktop computer for anything other than tracking during these periods, my activity level for that time is shown as being very low.

My clients know I'm working on concept sketches so they've never expressed concern, but I want to make sure this "low activity level" isn't affecting Upwork's billling.

Does Upwork still charge them for the entire time and at the full amount if the amounts of clicks and mouse movements are low?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes. Still get paid. As long as the time segment actually gets registered and client doesn't dispute.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes. Still get paid. As long as the time segment actually gets registered and client doesn't dispute.

Okay, good to know! Thank you!

You should just use manual time, because your time may not register properly if there's low keyboard activity. You also won't qualify for Upwork's payment protection, so there's no real reason to use the tracker.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members