🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: As an Indian, should I hire Pakistani fre...
Page options
04698fb7
Community Member

As an Indian, should I hire Pakistani freelancer for my business?

As an Indian, should I hire Pakistani freelancer for my business? I am concerned because tensions there can be sanctions in future. I want to use Direct Contracts with Clients. Is it safe?

7 REPLIES 7
prachi163
Community Member

It saddens me to see this question on the forum. As an Indian, it saddens me further to see this.

Upwork is a global platform. I don't see why you cannot or should not hire a freelancer from any country as long as they find your terms suitable and you find that you can trust their skills.

Apart from that, if you choose not to work with people from a certain geographical region, that is completely up to you, too. There are plenty of freelancers available on Upwork.

I want to hire someone from Pakistan. But my friends say it is risky because of our govt. I just want to know if I hire some for content writing our Indian govt can see this?

is it safe? because the current situation
between India and Pakistan

Mdrago, you can hire whoever you want to hire.

The Indian government is not going to monitor who you hire on Upwork and then penalize you because you hired a resident of Pakistan to write a blog article.

But if you are worried about that, then you have alternatives, including:

- ignore the silly advice from these so-called friends

- don't hire people from places if you afraid that hiring people from those places will be harmful to you 

re: "I just want to know if I hire some for content writing our Indian govt can see this?"

Yes.

re: "is it safe?"

Yes.

xdzain461
Community Member

I am a Pakistani Freelancer who has worked with Indian clients before. I think we should keep politics aside when it comes to professional life. As a freelancer, It does not matter whether you are Indian ot Pakistani, your morals matter. So, If you wanna work with a Pakistani freelancer, it is not the case that there would be sanctions in future. In addition, Upwork Direct Contracts offers a safe environment for both freelancer and client. So, It is safe to use.

Moreover, We should use these platforms to overcome the disorders created by Politics. As I stated, I have worked with Indian Client, he completely changed my mentality about Indian people through his friendly behaviour

I want to hire someone from Pakistan. But my friends say it is risky because of our govt. I just want to know if I hire some for content writing our Indian govt can see this? I want to use Direct Contracts with Clients. 

petra_r
Community Member

Mdrago T wrote:

I want to use Direct Contracts with Clients. 

You can't.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths