🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Asked to SPIN work that is copyrighted
Page options
nellytherebel
Community Member

Asked to SPIN work that is copyrighted

My client asked me to spin over 100 recipes and I got to 34 then realized the articles were taken from other bloggers and I was basically doing something illegal. I ended the contract immediately. The client gave three paragraphs horrible feedback. What should I do? I feel it is unfair.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Nelly W wrote:

My client asked me to spin over 100 recipes and I got to 34 then realized the articles were taken from other bloggers and I was basically doing something illegal. I ended the contract immediately. The client gave three paragraphs horrible feedback. What should I do? I feel it is unfair.

Is that the same client you walked out on because you "had an accident" and didn't do the work?

You can refund the $ 17 - the feedback will vanish from your profile.

lysis10
Community Member

This is why I have to tell clients after they've been burned by the flakes and frauds that this is my livelihood and I take my work and deadlines very seriously.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Nelly W wrote:

There was a job posting recently about "rephrasing" some articles, but with the meaning unchanged. Well........................................................

Yes.  I got an invite to that one too.  I told them that if they were using the article without citing the original article it was plagiarism.  I can't believe people are so blatant in their breaking of the law. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths