🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Asking client to improve private feedback
Page options
md-mobashir
Community Member

Asking client to improve private feedback

Hi,

Recently, I have finished a Job. Client give me a 5-star feedback, but I think he gave me a poor feedback on the private feedback. Can I ask him to improve the private feedback? Will it be go against Upwork TOC if I ask him that if he gave me a positive or negative review on the private feedback?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Asking client to improve private feedback"

It is not posible for clients to change private feedback.

re: "Client give me a 5-star feedback, but I think he gave me a poor feedback on the private feedback."

You don't know what he gave you for private feedback. It is private.

re: "Can I ask him to improve the private feedback?"

No.

re: "Will it be go against Upwork TOC if I ask him that if he gave me a positive or negative review on the private feedback?"

Yes.

It is OKAY that you asked these questions here in the Forum.

Now you know the answers.

It is NOT okay for you to ask clients about private feedback. It is NOT okay to discuss private feedback with clients. You shouldn't be discussing feedback of any kind with clients. Upwork does NOT intend for freelancers to discuss feedback with clients.

Feedback manipulation is a serious Upwork ToS offense. Freelancers CAN get suspended or terminated for engaging in feedback manipulation.

colettelewis
Community Member

MD Mobashir A wrote:

Hi,

Recently, I have finished a Job. Client give me a 5-star feedback, but I think he gave me a poor feedback on the private feedback. Can I ask him to improve the private feedback? Will it be go against Upwork TOC if I ask him that if he gave me a positive or negative review on the private feedback?

Thanks

It would be extremely unprofessional. Even if they want to, clients  cannot change private feedback  only the public feedback (with permission from the freelancer).  

ceefaeca
Community Member

I don't know if it is not allowed by Upwork's ToC but you cannot do much now. Feedback is already given and no one can change private feedback once it is submitted.

This is not in anyone's hand now. Only top-rated folks have little control over their JSS, I think they can request 1 private feedback in 3 months to be excluded from the JSS calculation. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members