🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Asking for LinkedIn recommendation
Page options
delder1
Community Member

Asking for LinkedIn recommendation

I've updated my LinkedIn profile and I want to ask some of my Upwork clients for a recommendation.

I received the email earlier this week about changes to the Upwork terms of service so I want to make sure I do this in a way that won't break these terms.

My plan is to ask for the recommendation via Upwork and share a link to my LinkedIn profile with the client. This means I won't be following them on LinkedIn without their permission and they can choose whether or not to provide the recommendation.

This would seem to be ok according to the terms of service. Anything I'm missing?

Cheers

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Duncan,

If I understand correctly, you'd like to ask your Upwork clients to endorse you on LinkedIn? If that's the case that isn't a violation of Upwork ToS.

Note that we do have a feature that gives freelancers an easy way to share with their business and social network (LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook) the great feedback they’ve received on Upwork. You can share your client’s feedback after you've ended a successful contract or by using the “Share feedback” button under the “Work history and feedback” section of your profile.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Duncan,

If I understand correctly, you'd like to ask your Upwork clients to endorse you on LinkedIn? If that's the case that isn't a violation of Upwork ToS.

Note that we do have a feature that gives freelancers an easy way to share with their business and social network (LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook) the great feedback they’ve received on Upwork. You can share your client’s feedback after you've ended a successful contract or by using the “Share feedback” button under the “Work history and feedback” section of your profile.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi thanks for the reply. And yes that is correct, cheers.

Hello Vladimir!
On my UpWork profile there is no Testimonial section to actually add some testimonials. I'm wondering, why?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luka,

This feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths