🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Asking for complete landing page design w...
Page options
anneupwork2016
Community Member

Asking for complete landing page design without funding

My Client is asking me to do a landing page design very professionally with high standard means it will take me 10 to 12 hours to design a landing page & he will show it to his client once it will approve he will award me the job & otherwise SORRY. also, i am already busy with other paid clients & already said i can't do it then he is saying to me that i am disappointing him & continuously he is asking me to do the job without any funding. Please help me is ok to give him extra favor or if i am saying him NO for Free work is Ok. Please guys any suggestion?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Sana K.,

Never work for a client who has asked for/demanded free work from you.

Don't even consider it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Sana K.,

Never work for a client who has asked for/demanded free work from you.

Don't even consider it.

Thank you Will for your nice suggestion, I have already said to him no & already he has taken from me extra FREE work. Now i really don't want to give him any extra favor.

Thank you!

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Sana K wrote:

My Client is asking me to do a landing page design very professionally with high standard means it will take me 10 to 12 hours to design a landing page & he will show it to his client once it will approve he will award me the job & otherwise SORRY. also, i am already busy with other paid clients & already said i can't do it then he is saying to me that i am disappointing him & continuously he is asking me to do the job without any funding. Please help me is ok to give him extra favor or if i am saying him NO for Free work is Ok. Please guys any suggestion?

Why would you even consider doing 10-12 hours of free work for a bully who's harrassing you? Block him and then he can't bother you any more. 

Thank you Christine for your great suggestion, the client is not new I have done previously 3 to 4 projects but always on a very very LOW budget & he has taken a lot of things without paying me, & now he is asking me to do a complete functional landing page & saying me he will not give me any new opportunity if i don't give him FREE fully functional landing page design for a new website which is even he is not the sure client will award him or not after reviewing the demo landing page. I am feeling the pressure now, BUT my decision this time is NO for him.

Thank you for all your help in making my decision strong.

Hi Sana,

Could you please confirm the contract ID of the job you are referring to so I can check?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear Joanne

I have resolved my issue with the client, I have told him i am very busy & not want to do his extra work. He agrees & now he is not asking me to do his work anymore. 

Thank you for all your help & suggestions!

petra_r
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Could you please confirm the contract ID of the job you are referring to

There is no contract.

That's the whole point.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Sans: it is a serious violation of Upwork TOS for a client to ask a freelancer to work for free.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths